Thread: guys things need to change (RANT ALERT)

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

guys things need to change (RANT ALERT)

turned up at the pub for todays meet and guess what no one was there

so at 14:15 we gave up and went home.

this was going to be a massive rant...had a good 45 mins to think about on the drive home.

but having just read the post regarding todays meet i have seen the wayne changed the time so i've toned it down a lot.

i can't say for sure if no one turned up, i'm sure we will find out when the others log on

but if meeting times are going to be changes they MUST BE DONE ON THE FIRST POST. editting the title to reflect this also would be a very good idea.

i loged on with my mobile this morning to check the time etc and its not the best way to view the forum so i read the first post added mine and logged off hence not reading the time change posted by Wayne on the second page.

this is the second time now that i have been let down by the region

the first time no one turned up

and now this - yes you could say that its my fault for not reading the entire meet thread this morning well i'm sorry but why should i have to?

my time is not free guys and yes i did cancel plans and took almost a whole day out to make the meet and TBH i feel very let down by the region and i'm going to have to really think hard about turning up to another meet.

I don't want people taking this as a personal dig but things DO need to change.
    I don't want people apologising for being busy etc either.
    I'm not saying that everyone should attend every meet etc but if you put your name down on the list them you should make the commiment to attend.
    and changes to any details need to be communicated clearly.

reagrds,

a deflated east mids member

Status
    "Female"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear this! It is not good news for AOC!

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i did change the time yes last night. we got there at half past 2 as we said we would, we have just got home. keif was there along with vxscc,

how long did you wait a few minutes?
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    we left at 14:15 so 15 minutes

well in fact we got to the pub just after 1 as we where in the area but had nothing to do.

the reason we left after 15minutes was because we have been stood up before....rightly or wrongly deja vu started to set in...ask your self having been in that situation before how long would you have realisticly waitied....surely 15 minutes should have been long enough for at least one other person to turn up.

the point of post was more to the fact that the time was changed late last night by a post on the second page.
    it can and was easily missed.

and some of us were away from our computers from saturday afternoon.
    I'm not sure if you have tried to log on to the forum with a mobile but its not the quickest thing in the world and forum layout doesn't exactly fit onto the screen that nicely...well certainly doesn't on my phone.

if any details are to be changed they really should be done clearly i.e on the front page.

i always check the details before i set off...common sense really but if im away from my PC i don't have time to troll through every post to see if any of the details have changed...and i'm sure that i'm not alone.

I even checked the details whilst in the pub and the inital post said 2PM.

Wayne i'm not attacking you personally just trying to help and stop others from feelling disapointed and making what they think is a wasted journey.

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well i thought with you replying after i changed the time that you had read it,

you say i should have changed the time on the 1st page but what if you wouldnt have had a look there too?
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    agreed, but its common sense to check last minute details before setting off so i would have seen it.

TBH changing meeting times so close to the meet is always going to be contreversal and to be honest i would say that should be avioded where possible.
    maybe a PM to another member to say that you would be late so that someone knew and then the others would attend at the original time.

i will say it again i'm not attacking you just trying to help for the future if all meets are handled the same way you will get more people dissappointed and with it being hard to get people to meet from this region as it is, is it something you can afford to do?

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I wasn't going to comment in here, but as someone has just posted in the original meet thread.......

Only TWO Astras from here turned up (albeit at different times)

The original meet thread is as confusing as F***.

Was it last Sunday, or is it the 31st?

Is it 2.00 or 2.30?

Re reading through the thread, i'm not sure.

Someone needs to wield a big stick and get this sorted.

Oh and Chris.....you should have rang me.