Thread: Insurance Database??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Insurance Database??

ive finally got round to getting my 888 Coupe on the road after eing SORN for nearly a year. I got it mot'd today it passed with everything green (apart from wrong coloured bulbs) so very happy HOWEVER..... I went online to tax my car however when it checked on the insurance database, my car was showing as not insured (fair enough i did only change the insurance in the morning). So i took my fresh MOT certificate and the registration book and a FAX cover letter of insurance to my "friendly" post office, only to find out they wouldnt accept a fax copy of the cover letter it had to be the ORIGINAL!!!

Sorry for the long story i just wanted to show how happy i was at getting the car ready for the road and then only to be shot down in flames

so my question is how long does it take for this insurance database to update

(and if anyone knows how long the MOT database will take aswell much appreciated)

cheers
    888 Coupe No: 33/100: Vxr Engine, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, Regal Inlet Cam, Hi-Flow Inlet Manifold, 1.9 CDTI Airbox, Dbilas Airscoop, Courts FMIC, Courts Fuel Pump, Forge Recirc, Full Polybushed (Front & Rear), 888Dan Droplinks, Whitline RARB, 888Dan Aircon Delete, Double Core Radiator, Carbon Fibre bonnet, Alcon 4 Pots, Yoko AD08 Tyres

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Took my friend 3 days.

It's a pain and stupid pointless red tape

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    MR2 MK2 G-Limited
    ASTRA LINEA ROSSA

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Tax it online jobs a good one

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i tried taxing it online but it does a insurance database check and mines isnt on the database yet
    888 Coupe No: 33/100: Vxr Engine, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, Regal Inlet Cam, Hi-Flow Inlet Manifold, 1.9 CDTI Airbox, Dbilas Airscoop, Courts FMIC, Courts Fuel Pump, Forge Recirc, Full Polybushed (Front & Rear), 888Dan Droplinks, Whitline RARB, 888Dan Aircon Delete, Double Core Radiator, Carbon Fibre bonnet, Alcon 4 Pots, Yoko AD08 Tyres

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not sure how long the insurance database takes but the mot's are online from when they are issued i think
    no comment

Status
    Drives
    Vectra VXR + Astra Coupe Turbo
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Add Glasgow_Stu on Facebook
    took holz 3 days i think for the FTO...
    The coupe...ITS ALIVE & back from the dead....again!
    The internet: where everybody knows everything about **** all.

become a paid member:
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/payments.php

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem last month when I went to tax the car - online system showed the car as being uninsured. I called up my insurance to double check and all was well. Problem being, I hadn't made any changes to the policy so there was no reason for the problem!

I had to go into the PO to get tax and I used a 'faxed' copy - it was actualy a PDF sent by AF that I printed off.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

well my car is finally on the Insurance database its showing as all green to Go HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW the DVLA still don't recognise it as being on the database, this is getting beyond a joke! in this day and age i thought this would have been a very easy process but is turning into a farse!!

sorry rant over!...