Thread: Water Temp Gauge

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Water Temp Gauge

I have fitted an aftermarket water temp gauge into my Astra H as it did'nt come with one. My questions are can I connect this to the water temp sensor on the car? as I dont fancy cutting my coolant hoses and flushing refilling the whole system to fit the sender. Also where is the coolant temp sensor on the Astra H?

Thanks in advance.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I thought there was a cheat on the Astra H that would allow you to view the water temp via the MFD/stereo display, dependant on what stero you have.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there sure is a setting that can be displayed. I have the very same tought at the moment. A water temp gauge is in my garage needing to be fitted soon. The previous model cars have the temp sensor near the housing the thermostat goes on so hoping there is a blanking plug that can be taken out
    Be Happy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had hoped to just splice into the wire that comes from the temp sensor but I have read that this can't be done as it will halve the reading to both gauges as they are using a resistor, but, surely if you are connecting after the sender(resistor) then all it is doing is sending a resisted voltage so the voltage should not halve by connecting to this wire? This would be the easiest way to do it. Maybe Autosparks could help on this one.