Thread: Debugging!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Debugging!

i washed my cars today and noticed the amount of dead bugs all over the front! even after a good wash there is usually some left over, what do you lot use to get them off or is it just case of need a better sponge?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends entirely on the stuff you use.

Try using some AG shampoo? a lambswool washmit?

Or you could clay your car, to remove those bonded contaminents known as bugs

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bug's aren't classed as bonded contaminants. bonded contaminants are things like Tree sap, bird lime, fallout, etched in road salt.

First off, bin the sponge and buy yourself a lambswool washmitt, you can get 2 very good ones for 12 here; http://www.sheepskinshop.co.uk//prod...Polish%20Mitts

I normally citrus degrease the car first, this makes the bugs easy to remove when you wash. You can also use a bug and tar remover to remove them, but these can take off the wax too (if you've got any decent wax on that is), so it's best to give a coat of wax after using it.

Another thing you could try is slow down a bit when driving and they wont stick to the car as much when they hit it.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the advice will sort out a new washmitt and give it a go when it stops raining!
    lol i dont think i could slow down much more in the astra, i dont even hit the speed limit most of the time. i live near loads of fields so bugs are all over through the summer time.