Thread: ""Keyboard Warriors!""

Status
    "Female"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

""Keyboard Warriors!""

Why it is ok to be rude to people when hiding behind a computer? You should not type words you would not be brave enough to say to someone face to face. Maybe as a forum we could try to keep this in mind, it seems such a shame to read, more and more often, rude and offensive comments!! From a womans point of view it can be quite intimidiating, and i find myself worring about actually bumping into some of the offending people at shows, especially when i attend alone or with my 18 year old son!! So basically what im trying to say is maybe could we just think before we type, think about how you would feel if someone spoke to a member of your family or you in this way down the pub or local supermarket??? Thanks Jayne x

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jayne, as a whole AOC/AS is fairly good. You can report a post if you feel it needs it by using the red X on the left hand side next to your green light.

The mods/admin do try to keep on top of this, but inevitably things do slip through the net

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think Steve has summed it up there Jayne.

The majority of the members are fine and would never intimidate you, come and say hi to us at the next show, i promise we don't bite

If you do feel a post is out of order or entirely inappropiate then please report it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Jayne you will always get a few Keyboard Warriors that will not say any thing to your face
    but 99% of the people are fine on hear

Status
    Liberated!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think a lot of posts are sometimes mis-interpreted, it's hard to show sarcasm, or jest, or whatever through typing, so sometimes whats said isn't always whats meant

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotpanther View Post
    Think Steve has summed it up there Jayne.

The majority of the members are fine and would never intimidate you, come and say hi to us at the next show, i promise we don't bite

If you do feel a post is out of order or entirely inappropiate then please report it
    We've met Jayne you peanut at Billing

Isn't Maxx your nipper Jayne, or his your nippers friend - i can never remember sorry

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    theoretical scenario......

what if u report a post created by a mod/admin?

Ive wanted to in the past but thought it would cause even more tension so didnt bother...... just a thought

As already pointed out tho - the type of nobs (generally speaking that is) who are the warriors of the keyboard tend not to go to shows and if they did u can bet ur bottom dollar they wouldnt be anything like they are hidden behind the computer - simply because most are nothing short of cowards - simple as.

If u see a keyboard warrior then either report post if u feel its causing unnecessary problems or just rise above it knowing that they are the ones with the problem and if anything just pity their lowlife ness....

bizarre rant over!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNikon View Post

Isn't Maxx your nipper Jayne, or his your nippers friend - i can never remember sorry
    maxx is her son steve

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNikon View Post
    Christ I must of drunk more than I thought, I honestly cannot remember

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    theoretical scenario......

what if u report a post created by a mod/admin?

Ive wanted to in the past but thought it would cause even more tension so didnt bother...... just a thought
    If you reported a post by a mod/admin then the same thing would happen as to any reported post. It would be reviewed and the appropriate action taken if neccessary.

However if you wanted to report it discreetly, then posting it in the helpdesk (if not admin or club team) or Pm'ing another mod would suffice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast