Thread: powerslide!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

powerslide!

There i'am driving up to the roundabout, being an idiot take the corner too fast and due to the road being slick end up going sideways for about 3 seconds, control it well and straighten it up, and even have time to signal as im going left, as billy idols, white wedding plays on my stero, Not my best moment, slideing that is, not billy, should of taken into consideration the wet road, safe to say dont drive when angry. Thank god no one was next to me though. Even though i wouldent of driven so hard into the bend if there was, Being a new driver iv certainly learnt my lesson!
    Had a Astra SRI 2.0i 1999, now have a 1994 VW Golf GL 1.8, £460 bargin!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good that you have learnt your lesson...

Now kue all the comments from the Halo wearers!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You drive an astra yes?

Thus its not powersliding as your not powering through the slide as driven from wrong end (well that is my interpretation) - you where just going sideways but good lad for holding it (its when your approaching a corner on the nurburgring where you always go off on playsation n start going sideways (in person) ya shit yaself )
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    did the same myself, fishtailed my bus on a road with 2 seemingly smooth bends that were more severe than I thought in the wet...

Glad to hear you weren't hurt....

Go round corners at 10-15 mph in the wet now....
    Might annoy those behind me, but at least I won't die!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I spun my beetle 180 degrees on the Green Man roundabout over 20 years ago - still remember it vividly - oncoming cars and then trying to right it!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its going to sound utterly stupid, but i been playing loads of forza 2 on xbox, while reality and games are too different things, what i learnt on that game actualy helped me today. All i know is i eased back onto the accerator gently and gently pulled the wheel right as the back slide out to the left, then pulled the wheel back left gently and straighted it up, exactly what i do in that game...sounds mental but i almost knew what to do

and before i i get put out on the cross, i didnt intentionaly drive at the round about like a bat out of hell with the intetion of slideing around it, im so used to that corner in the dry, it was poor driver error on my part, i normaly drive like a saint in wet weather, but working in customer services..well..need i say more about my mental attitude at the time

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lifted off in fwd while arse sliding, hmm you where lucky then

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry I will elaborate my point to how I see / have gathered the perception of 'oops' moment saving - I understand each incident is different and should be altered to suit, but generally if the back end is trying to overtake the front in a front wheel drive car its generally a case of power to pull out of it (now in a rear drive car you do the opposite as power will push the arse further round) - however if the car is going in a 4 wheel drift kind of slide then its very poised throttle control with no particular right or wrongs.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    either way going side ways in a fwd 2.0 astra is a strange experiance, and not one i want to do again, unless on a track

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had an accident in the wet about 6 months ago, following my brother round a corner doing about 60 (in a 50) which i do almost every day no problems even in the wet, this day was going round it, all of a sudden back end went, managed ot straighten it, then it went again, car spun 6 times into a constant stream of on coming traffic missing every car and landing on the footpath on the other side of the road facing the same way i started with the engine still running, i have no idea what happened between the car starting to spin and me getting there but my brother was in front and he almost shit himself, luckily no one was hurt and lesson learnt but its easily done, but i still blame it on the traction control cutting the power, honest that was it, it wasnt me driving too fast for the conditions with pretty bald rear tyres (Still legal though)!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast