AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Follow Glacious On Twitter Add Glacious on Facebook

Sub Advice

Hi all

Ever since I got my car I have not really been very knowledgeable about ICE at all and me being abit of a noob I wanted a sub and amp and yes I went to halfords and got a Fusion sub and amp pack which has done me for awhile, but as of last week or so my friend has just got a 12" infinity sub and I have never heard or felt anything like it I just cant compare my crappy fusion one to how his sounds and how much it makes the car basically vibrate, So question is if I want a decent sub and dosnt distort when you can as loud as you want what sort of Make/Sub should I got for price isnt an object at the moment I would just love to no whats the best make of Sub I could get single 12" sub that is, Would it be a good idea to get an infinity Sub or are the better ones out there???

Many Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    kicker are always good imo

a single 12 inch is more than ample but 2 b honest its more about the amp

if u have a good sub and a shite amp its not gunna perform and vicsa versa
    Astra Se2 coupe

"Love it and shove it and dance around the bucket"

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    In my opinion Kicker is all about SPL and not SQL

Also what infinity subwoofer are we talking about here? A kappa or reference series one? Kappa being a bright white and reference a dull grey/silver
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What is your budget would be the first question?

I have the Alpine 12" Type R sub and for the money it is more than capable.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The infinity was a dull grey and silver one in a black usual box just couldnt belive the noise and as Red has said I guess my amp isnt exaclty great is it crappy 2 channel 350w Fusion amp, budget wise hmm about £200-£250 i got a choice of a 4 channel JBL amp or a Pioneer amp just need to see which is better.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will u just be running a sub from your amp? If so you will only need a decent monoblock amp. If you want to expand then a 4 channel amp would be better.

You could get a decent setup of sub and amp for £250, have a word with Basil

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    well I am sure I am gonna get alot of *abuse* for this lol but I didnt and to be honest still dont no what I am doing with car audio and i asked my mates i.e chavs with crappy cars big exhaust and bass only in car anyhow they said get 6*9's so me being stupid i went off to shop and ended up coming back with some Infinity 6*9's and hooked them up to my whopping 2 channel fusion amp and they wernt to bad but seriosuly needed more base, so at the moment I have got my Sub in boot hooked up to amp and my 6*9's are basically there for show and nout else, just alot of people tell me its bad to have them all in same boot space and can cause problems I was just curious if I amped up the 6*9's to pump out more high/treble and then get a mono block amp hooked to the sub would that be hmm ok or should i just leave 6*9's for show cant really get rid of because was a pain in the arse to put em in lol

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Problem with 6x9's in the same air space as the sub is that the air movement from the sub can knacker the 6x9's - someone here had this exact issue recently.

How have you got the sub setup? My 10" Fli sub on a FL800S amp can seriously shake the car once the volume gets high - have you got your gain set correctly and is your sub running on a low pass filter/crossover (might be a setting on the amp)? Is the sub bridged or on a pair of channels and either way what is the RMS power of the amp and what is the RMS max input of the sub?