Thread: Police and poor driving

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Police and poor driving

Yesterday i took my little nephews out for day, On the way back through Burton on Trent a police car comes flyin out of no were right across us on a roundabout (no blue lights or siren on i must had) We then followed the police car for around 1/4 mile to a mini round about, Police car turns left and gave no signal, At the end of that road he then turns right and again no signal. In fact for good mile that we followed him not once did he use an indicator.

Now i am no perfect driver by far and at times i dont use my indicators but when the police are quick enough to jump on your back for some stupid thing such as a faulty brake light or a slightly non standard number plate they should think again and follow the simple driving rules. This is not the first police car i have followed that have shown signs of bad driving.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Police and the Institute of Advanced Motorists teach only to indicate where someone would benefit from your signal. No legal requirement I'm aware of?

I did my Advanced Test years back and I don't indicate very often, pretty much only if someone will need to know where I'm going.

Saying that, if they went left at a roundabout and there was traffic entering the roundabout at the same junction then they should have indicated. If the roundabout was quiet then there may have been no need.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Came from nowhere ?? Maybe he was on the road and you need to be a bit more aware. I saw a policeman eating once. I didnt know they were only human. There are some really childish threads appearing on here at the moment, im getting a bit worried about the membership.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tbh its not the police im worried about not signalling its other muppets driving BMWs and Mercs that cheese me off more then anything
    Former Astra: Mk3 1.4 K reg
    Current Astra: Mk4 1.4 V reg LS (The Half-Arsed Astra )

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sport-hatch150 View Post
    Came from nowhere ?? Maybe he was on the road and you need to be a bit more aware. I saw a policeman eating once. I didnt know they were only human. There are some really childish threads appearing on here at the moment, im getting a bit worried about the membership.
    Perhaps your post is somewhat hypocritical and should be reworded or retracted?

I personally think gareth is right and I agree that a lot of police on the roads think they own them. I've actually flagged down a cop car once and told him is brake lights were out - completely. I got dirty looks but who cares - he could have caused an accident.

Lead by example and all that. I also think that these cop cars should have stickers like commercial vehicles saying 'Hows my driving? Call blahblah' and allow other motorists the chance to point out their bad behaviour once in a while - who knows, it might just make that jobsworth we all hear about stop and think next time he wants to be a **** to Brett

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What Domino said .......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i had an unmarked car following me today, 2 young rozzers in it. they decided to overtake me at a stupid point, then drove at 35-40 in a 30, then we came up to a zebra crossing where a lady was waiting to cross, so i slowed down, the rozzers literally didn't see her and once they did slammed on the brakes and stopped halfway across the crossing!!! Must be all the driver training they've had!!!
    BMW 535d Msport / Meriva VXR

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This thread could go on forever with stuff like this, but i'll add my two cents anyways!

Police car two cars behind me, we're in a 30 zone with winding roads, his blue lights come on, the car in front, obviously pulls over giving him room to over take, he over takes two cars and is now behind me, lights go off, obviously I know keep an extra eye on him, seconds later blue lights come on, I move over, he over takes, he's now in front of me and there's no traffic, after a few hundered yards, there's a car in front of him, lights go on, he then over takes that car, lights go off, come to a red light, lights go on, goes through the red light, blue lights go off and he carries on his merry way, what can you do really?

Anyways like I said that's my two cents.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Astra_Guy View Post
    Tbh its not the police im worried about not signalling its other muppets driving BMWs and Mercs that cheese me off more then anything
    The number of " rep mobiles " i get driving right on my back bumper really gets me annoyed! Its as if they see the kit and hear the exhaust and assume you want to race them!
    Also it seems to me to be the "normal" police that cant drive properly- the volvos etc that are traffic cars are driven well in my experience but the astras and pugs etc are a law un to themselves!
    "If it dont scuff the ruff, it aint low enuff"
    MK4 Project 80% complete

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    This thread could go on forever with stuff like this, but i'll add my two cents anyways!

Police car two cars behind me, we're in a 30 zone with winding roads, his blue lights come on, the car in front, obviously pulls over giving him room to over take, he over takes two cars and is now behind me, lights go off, obviously I know keep an extra eye on him, seconds later blue lights come on, I move over, he over takes, he's now in front of me and there's no traffic, after a few hundered yards, there's a car in front of him, lights go on, he then over takes that car, lights go off, come to a red light, lights go on, goes through the red light, blue lights go off and he carries on his merry way, what can you do really?

Anyways like I said that's my two cents.
    that sometimes happens when they need to approach at speed but without drawing too much attention to themselves. It's known for them to tear through red lights and such with no sirens or lights going. It's massively annoying I agree however, sometimes it can be necessary.

If a mad woman had broken into your mums and had a gun to her head and a knife at her throat and had stated that any police presence would result in your mothers untimely death, you'd appreciate the fact that the police arrived without announcing it... get my point?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast