Thread: Been pulled by a complete tit

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Been pulled by a complete tit

Just been stopped by a right tit of a police officer. Just pulled off from the job centre in west bromwich, got down the road litrally two minutes and the blue lights are on, so found somewere to stop and got out of the car for him to come over and start being a prize tit about the car, first of the rear plate, although secure its on a slant, stated that was illegal, I said there is no guide lines on how the plates must be level, next stop was the front plate being in the window again saying its not right to do that, said that I have been told as long as its facing the front and clear to see its a plate then there was no issues. But he wasnt having none of it, next one was the tax disc, even though its valid, he said it wasnt visable. the next one was he seen me clip my belt in when I was driving, fair does on that one, but not exactly crime of the century is it?.

Any way he gave me the choice of being prosecuted for all of them or the seat belt, so I get a fine for £30, and I thought it was a little out of order because I wasnt being a dick with him or arguing the toss, I didnt drive like a tit, I had rhian in the car with me.

He then goes on and asks what the police said when I have been stopped before. I said that everyone of them love the car and can see its safe and well done and see the funny side of it and like to show them around it.

He for one said he didnt see the funny side of it at all then went and radio thourgh traffic police to see if they could come and find more things wrong with the car, so Im waiting there for traffic to turn up, when another panda car turns up and a load more police turn up to look at the car, thankfully they loved it and jumped back in the car and went off. Rhian is crying by then as she wants her bottle, and said to him Im happy to put the things right if he wants to pink slip me, but no they had to be done there and then so with some crap sticky pads I had to put the plate on the bumper and level up the rear.

Still waiting with rhian upset, the traffic radio back saying they can not come, so I said look I have been fined I have fixed the plates can I go because she is upset. Nope I have to wait for him to do a check on me for warrants ect, had to let them know about my previous history making me feel like a right tool.
    After the all clear I get sent off with a £30 fine, the plate has now fell of and smashed down the road because of the shitty pads I had on me.

Some blokes walked passed and told the copper to get a sense of humor.

And the police wonder why motorists resent them? Far be it not all officers are like that but the ones that are, give a bad name.

Best bit about it, the audi that cut me up just before I got stopped the same officers had to go and attened a accident were he has hit someone side on.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    policemen acting like that is what makes people think badly of them,

95% of them are good nice people but that one just sounds like a class a t*at tbh,
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, some can be a pain, but most are alright, at the end of the day they are just doing their job but you're right some do take it too far.

Status
    The Invisible Woman
    Drives
    Zafira
    Mentioned in
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    He was certainly being a "jobsworth", new guy on the block perhaps? even still, he seems bang out of order especially when you had Rhian in the car upset.

Do Policemen have to hit certain targets when it comes to issuing on the spot fines?
    Why not sign up and join us.
    Become a member today

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it were me (hindsight is great I know) I'd have taken a note of his number and made an official complaint and taken it as far as possible. Making note of the fact that you had done nothing illegal (apart from the seatbelt) and that you had to get the child home for their bottle. They have in turn caused unnecessary stress to you and your child, wasted your time and police time.

If they want to be difficult about it, then by all means, why shouldn't you do the same?

Status
    Bit busy... be back soon!
    Drives
    Astra Coupe 2.2
    Mentioned in
    133 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Follow AndyH On Twitter Add AndyH on Facebook Add AndyH on Google+
    Echo all of above, it's officers like that that give the decent majority a bad name. I'd say make a complaint, but I dunno as it would get you anywhere.
    Actively proving that post counts mean jack sh*t since 1971

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is this the Astra Rat thing?

It will attract attention, the wrong attention usually and this is to be expected I suppose. It doesn't exactly look legal.

Cops can be arses, some can be ok ... some are just having a bad day but their just doing their jobs at the end of the day.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I dont look legal but every thing was checked before hand and is safe. I would understand if its dangerous, but the problems was so speed camreas couldnt pick my plate up and fine me, so more for revenue issues rather than saftey

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's a blue CRX around this way and he/she got fined for the front plates being on the dashboard.

Seems it's a nationwide thing, I suppose if it is a case of speed camera's not picking them up due to them being in the wrong? place then, it's a bit unfair for the rest of the motoring public who has them on the front bumper to get tickets but those with them on the dash don't cos the camera can't see the plate.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Holier than thou springs to mind - ******s !

Just think as they have a shiny badge they are better than everyone else. When they are needed you cant find one for love nor money !

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast