Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Corsa D 1.2 and 1.4

Hi guys,

wanted to ask the Corsa experts opinions on the new Corsa. In perticualr the 1.2 engine. Is it more or less the same as the Corsa C 1.2 does it feel too underpowerd or is it fine for the size of the car. How much better is the 1.4?

Secondly is there anything to look out for when looking at second hand Corsa D's specially with these two engines?

Thanks
    51 plate Astra SXI 1.6 16V. Prestige Blue!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personally I wouldnt buy a Corsa D with either a 1.0 or 1.2.
    1.2 feels slower than a Corsa C 1.2 but bearing in mind the Corsa D is around the same weight as a MK3 Astra its not suprising.
    The 1.4 is a far better proposition imo.

As for what to look out for, not a lot tbh, bear in mind that they are all still under manufacturers warranty unless its over 60kmiles.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Bro has a Corsa D 1.2 Design. (For Sale last time I asked cos he says Vauxhall's are pure sh!t ... but we'll leave it at that )

IMO, the Design better than the SXI as it has the piano black console and looks quite tidy.

Ain't driven the 1.4 but I can't see there being a huge difference between the two.

Two of my mates, one had a Corsa C 1.2 SXI and the other had a Corsa C 1.4 SRI.

My mate with the 1.2 SXI could beat the 1.4 SRI every time, every road.

The performance is obviously so close, it's down to the driver.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Another unconstructive post from Turbo Scott.......theres a shocker

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Another unconstructive post from Turbo Scott.......theres a shocker
    It's tragic, the world might stop spinning.

There's sod all difference between the engines (10bhp on a car that heavy, WOW), the Design has the nicer interior, the SXI has a poxy exhaust trim and a roof spoiler.

I'd pick the 90bhp (PS) 1.3 CDTI (also found in the Punto which the Corsa shares it's platform with).
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No wont stop spinning just become more boring.

1.4 is a fair bit better than the 1.2, given by your own admission you havent driven the D with the 1.4 then really your opinion is nothing more than a stab in the dark. Theres not a great differance in power between the 2 but its enough to make a differance imo.

No doubt the Design is a nicer car lot better specced than the SXi but the SXi is by far the more popular model something worth bearing in mind for future re-sale & re-sale value.

and Agreed between the 1.2/1.4 and 90p.s. 1.3CDTi thats the one Id choose but thats not what was asked.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, I'd go for the 1.2, only 5hp down and it's timing chain instead of belt. It's identical to the later 1.2 in the C in that it's the Twinport version so it's 80hp instead of the 75hp pre-Twinport. Though in my C, the 1.2 rolling roaded to 81hp totally standard with 4k on the clock.

But all the reviews on the web say the 1.4 petrol is the one to go for if you must have a petrol. I think the 1.3CDTi-90 is the pick of the lot. Ignoring the 1.6T of course.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am actually looking for a Design at the moment, mainly due to the piano black interior that my sister likes as the car is for her. Also she wants a 5 door, and they seem to be more common in design than SXI. I had also intended on finding her a CDTi but unfortunately im having some difficulty finding her one around London within her bugget of £8000 top wack. Actually I havn't found any close by and within budget yet.

was going to go and see this at the weekend...
    http://www.cargiant.co.uk/style_smal....asp?Id=388565

... as they have a few more in different colours too.
    51 plate Astra SXI 1.6 16V. Prestige Blue!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had a 1.2 as a courtesy car, and it was so slow, much slower then the Corsa b and C's. i would go for the 1.4 or even the 1.3cdti
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust