Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meta System 2 Parking Sensor

Hi,

I'm new here. I have been bought a Meta parking sensor (the type that fits behind the numberplate).

Has anyone out there done one of these on the Zafira B?

I find the instructions a bit confusing and I'm not sure how to get the wires from the hatch to the reversing light.

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum.

I've not heard of that of that system, hopefully someone will be along soon to offer advice.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi AndyM,

Thanks for the welcome.

I am wary of taking out bits of interior trim, because in my experience, it never goes back right, then it starts squeaking etc, etc.

I guess I shouldn't be a cheapskate and should have got the factory sensors. Only problem would be waiting until next year when I have enough money!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Retro fitting sensors on the B is not as easy as on the A, a few people (including me) have fitted them on their Zaf A ... a worthwhile mod. I have seen Zaf B rear bumpers with the parking sensors fitted come up on eBay from time to time, might be worth keeping an eye out if you want the OEM look, and cheaper too.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dino150 View Post
    Hi,

I'm new here. I have been bought a Meta parking sensor (the type that fits behind the numberplate).

Has anyone out there done one of these on the Zafira B?

I find the instructions a bit confusing and I'm not sure how to get the wires from the hatch to the reversing light.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Welcome to the Club,

1st of all find out does the Zafire B have wires that run from the Vehicle Body to the Tailgate in a rubber boot, or does it have the Contacts Strips and Pins like the older Vauxhalls?

If it's the rubber boot type just follow Vauxhalls lead and run the wire through the rubber boot then down the post to the reversing light.

If it's the pin type, you will need to make your own route through the Tailgate into the Vehicle Body then down to the Light Unit.(You may need to drill a small hole).

Dave (Welcome to the madness)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

Thanks for your comments.

It's the rubber boot type. So I'll try to feed the wires through. It just worries me how to get all the bits of trim off without breaking anything!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Hi

I've fitted a reversing camera to the boot of a Zafira B so everything will be the same principle as your Meta system (which i've fitted to other cars)

First your going to have to drill a hole through your tailgate behing the number plate to run the wires into the boot and then you will need to run the wires down the inside of the passenger side of the tailgate to the runnber grommet where you then drop the power connections down to the passenger rear light. Obvioulsy all the inside of the tailgate will need to come off which from memory has to come off in a certain order

For someone's who's not afraid to work on cars it's not a hard job really

As for fitting normal parking aids to Zafira's, the A and B are just the same to fit them to IMO
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason