Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help on Fitting Aftermarket Headunit for 2006 Astra SXI

Hey People,

This is my first post, so would just like to say Hi to everyone Im a bit confused on fitting a new head unit for a 2006 Astra SXi. I have a Pioneer DEH-P85BT and was told that i need to get a Vauxhall Quadlock to Parrot ISO adaptor lead. I have now got this and have connected the stereo but it still wont start up, even with the ignition on..:S I have heard that on aftermarket headunits the red wire on the adaptor lead needs to be connected to an ignition switched 12 v supply in order for the HU to power up? Is this true? Just wondering if you guys had to do this and whether it was hard? Iv heard the supply that feeds the cigar lighter is an example..

Many Thanks for Reading this!

Ranj

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome Ranj

not sure why you have a parrot adapter....but hey ho
    If you had bought the vauxhall facia, it would have come with the wiring adapter.

The wire connected to the accessory/cigar lighter socket is permanent live...BUT ... if you peel away the tape covering the wire there is an ignition live.

Hope that helps.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply! Its actually the adaptor to change from the large single vauxhall plug to 2 ISO conectors, I got it from ebay, its an auto leads one...Sounds like a tricky job..best left to someone more technicaly minded than me. I found a really useful guide on this website that shows you step by step how to do it, so I will probably print it off and book an apointment with a Vauxhall engineer to see what they can do!

Ranj

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Was the autoleads part number SOT-122? That could still be used by just using the part of the ISO connector you need. It really is easy though to just take the headunit out and run the ignition feed down to the accessory socket for the ignition live at the unused black wire

Don't forget you will need a aerial adaptor also
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for all the information guys. The guy at Vauxhall has fitted the radio, but it only comes on when the ignition lights on the dash are on and when the engine is started :S Is there any way to get it to work without having to turn the ignition on. The guy at Vauxhall said there isnt but iv heard if you run the red wire into a permanent feed it will....is this true? And if so what permanent feeds would you recommend?

Cheers!