Thread: Intermittent Starting Problems

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Intermittent Starting Problems

Started a new thread as this is in new context as to the other one, as its not battery related.

The problem is that of intermittent starting. Example:

Yesterday, it started fine first thing in the morning, then drove for about an hour. Say 5 hours later i tried it, went for a 2 min drive, parked, started up again fine and then went to the shop. Came out of the shop a few mins later - it wouldnt start. Its turning over fast yet wont fire or so it seems, and i tried that a few times, left it for a few mins, then tried again and it worked.

Same thing today pretty much, took it somewhere to be looked at and its been fine all day, and hasnt been driven, drove it from there back to work, and then about 2 hours later, tried to start it and it wouldnt.. Left it a few mins and then it started fine.

Now its been tested today, and isnt:

the battery, the alternator, the coil pack, the fuses, wiring connections I was messing with today, but he said it could perhaps be "multifunctional rekay" or something along those lines that connects to the fuse board - black i think.

But from reading on here, a similar problem kind of.. im thinking it might be the crankshaft sensor - I had a leak here the other day and the mechanics fixed the leak and fitted a new o ring, so may have distrurbed it.

From that description, does it sound likely? May order one tomorrow, I dont want to just keep buying parts, but at the same time its costing a hell of a lot for people to look at it
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem it would run fine then park it up for five mins and it would not start. Took it to my mate at vx and he said its your crankshaft sensor, put one on and it's been mint ever since you can get them for about £25
    Corsa c turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cool mate, going to order one first thing, id only found one report of this happening before so was a bit unsure, but now two people have had similar, im happy to give it a try. Cheers bud
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is it easy to replace too? From what I can understand its accesible from underneath the car, and is on the left hand side?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ordered the sensor, and think I know where it is now too, accessible from underneath, near the pulley at the front of the engine block?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can't get to it fom underneath and its a pian to get to from the top aswell
    Corsa c turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where exactly is it then?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bttt for anyone who knows where this sensor is lol, I got the part and was going to go home in a bit and do it but arent going to have long before its dark so if its not an easy thing to spot, ima be screwed

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It' just behind the aircon pump, it's just hard to get your hand down to put the nut back in
    Corsa c turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    found where it is, and after just taking a few bits and peices off i decided its not the best job to start in the dark lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast