Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightened Flywheel and Uprated Clutch? Is it worth it

Hi Guys

Is it worth getting the above? would it make a whole lot of difference performance wise etc?
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends on how far you want to push your engine i would say. If you were looking for 230-40 bhp levels then i would say no due to costs and ease of getting that much through other ways. But for more then if you can afford it then definitely, helps run through the revs with the lighter flywheel and an organic clutch like courtenay do will cope with that extra load of horses while not been a nightmare for your left foot. Mine is almost like the OE clutch in pedal action.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcoupturbo View Post
    Depends on how far you want to push your engine i would say. If you were looking for 230-40 bhp levels then i would say no due to costs and ease of getting that much through other ways. But for more then if you can afford it then definitely, helps run through the revs with the lighter flywheel and an organic clutch like courtenay do will cope with that extra load of horses while not been a nightmare for your left foot. Mine is almost like the OE clutch in pedal action.
    ohhh...what i might do, is just put in pre cat pipe and large front mount intercooler for now, i should get bit better performance as i just got standard intercooler etc...in december i had plans to put in vxr turbo then, so will prob do the fly wheel and clutch then, then take it for a re-map...
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not at all If you going for any of regal's map then its worth it for sure-im running near on 300lbs of torque just on phase1 which is gradually wearing the o.e clutch out at the moment.mines booked in to have courtenay clutch and lightened flywheel and also a short shifter would be rude not too its all down to how strong ya clutch is at the time
    Astra Mk4 GSi