Thread: A How to fit Vectra B Seats

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A How to fit Vectra B Seats

Has anybody got a step by step guide or a link on how to fit veccy seats in a astra. ive got a 5door LS at the moment and ive come across some sri or maybe sxi interior lol i cant remember which model it is. the guy wants £60 for them in perfect condition. which i think is very good.

when i remove them do i take everything i possibley can? runners etc?

would be a great help if someone on here that has done it can point me in the right direction how to fit them. i know there is already probly already a "how to" on here but ive looked and i cannot find

cheers in advance

Dave

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First off, do not attempt to remove the seats if the ignition has been on in the last 30mins - it's actually less, but the longer you leave it the better

Front seats - undo the 2 trox bolts at the back of the runners. Make sure you use a good quality torx bit and get the rights size, or you'll do as many others do and chew them up. undo the bolts slowly - 1/2 a turn out and then 1/4 turn back in again to get rid of the thread lock. after a few full turns of doing that you should be able to undo them normally.
    Under the seat you'll see an electrical connector - pull out the red locking pin, and then press a "button" underneath the connector and separate them.

Pull off the cover over the lower seat belt mounting on the seat frame and undo the torx bolt on the lower belt mount

The seat will then come out the car, and refit the new ones in the reverse of the above.

Rear back seat removal - see the how-to

On the rear back rests you need to swap you need to swap both parts of the inner brackets over from the astra seat to the new vectra ones. - you can just pull the cover off the rear frame to reveal the torx bolt(s)

Rear bum rest - this is the problem bit s the vectra lower bit is a 60/40 split and the Astra is all in one, so you'll need to get creative. Easiest way is to strip down the Vectra and Astra ones and get the two part vectra covering stitched together and fitted to the Astra base. Here's my modded Vec GSi rear seat which I got done locally for about £70

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats awesome thanks alot for the quick response thats a really big help.

hopefully get them 2moro and have them fitted for the weekend, i'll post some pics once im done along with the rest of the stuff ive been doing.

all i need is a new gear box now lol

cheers again

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    do the front seats out of a vectra b go straight into the astra mk4 then??

and what other models will go straight in??

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes fronts bolt straight in no problem!

Another option for the rear 'bum rest' is to weld in the fixing brackets from the floor of a Vectra, this is my setup: