Thread: BMC filter

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BMC filter

got my new bmc panel filter today, just put it on and it came with a sticker, wasnt sure to put it on my car or not but here are some pics of it. tell me what u think or if u got any suggestions that would be great.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would personally leave it off all together.

All though if i had to put it somewhere i would put it on the airbox or the enclosure if you have the full BMC kit.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    place it in the engine bay, ontop of filter box or somewhere like that, that way u know its there but the world doesn't see it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i gotta agree.. no a fan of stickers on cars .. the "shopping lists" that you see garry'd up saxos and puntos is laughable especially when they pop the hood and all there is is a max power air filter and maybe a blue LED somewhere...

they have put me right off stickers .. sry :S

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All though if i had to put it somewhere i would put it on the airbox or the enclosure if you have the full BMC kit.

Yea mate I would do the same I have De-Restricted my 2.2 Astra G Coupe SE1 Veccy C Intake Pipe & Piping I stuck my K&N Sticker on the airbox I'll put a pic up to let you see what it looks like mate...
    By the way what do you make of the BMC Panel Filter mate have you noticed any difference also have you de-restricted the airbox and as I've done the Veccy C Intake Pipe and Piping to the Throttle Body makes a noticable difference! Oh yea and there's also the hexaganol K&N Warning Sticker to let mechanics know not to replace the filter for a paper one...

Hope that helps you make your mind up mate but honestly I wouldn't stick it on the exterior of your car if you want to go down the line of vinyls here's another pic of my other Astra G 1.6 16v SXi with the rainbow decals on the side I'll post a couple of pics to let you get the idea they're not on the car anymore since I had the third respray with 30% rainbow glitter through the laquer...

That's a pic of the car before I had the Rieger GTR Kit,Rieger Roof Spoiler,Delta 2 Supra Style Spoiler,Carbon Vented Bonnet and Chrome Lockwood Grill,Evo 6 Chrome Mirrors and Lowered and Corner Weighted on KW Variant 2 Coilovers.

Hope this helps some and hope you like my Baby it now has 17" DeepDish Outlaw Yakuzaz which look A LOT better with the kit etc...

Here's a recentish pic tell me what you think if the rims are better then the TSWs...

Hope this gives you some ideas mate and hope it helps you make up your mind to where you are going to stick the sticker!
    Regards
    Alan
    IT'S NOT HOW FAST YOU DRIVE IT'S HOW YOU DRIVE FAST!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    id put it on the airbox, i have the BMC CDA so i put mine on the carbon
    The Man with a new Plan

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mines just a pannel filter and the sticker dont fit on the air box due to it being too big. Might put it on the plastic bit that covers the engine.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    personally i wouldnt stick it anywhere on the outside of the car as itll look chav, just stick it in the engine bay somewhere near the airbox if it wont fit on it

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astrasxicdti View Post
    personally i wouldnt stick it anywhere on the outside of the car as itll look chav, just stick it in the engine bay somewhere near the airbox if it wont fit on it

Really got to agree with that one! I had the Rainbow Vinyl back in 2006 it was just really out and at the time it was something no one had done but now stickers on the exterior do just look totally chav as you'll see in the recent pic after the last respray I didn't bother with the vinyls again as it really did just make the car look so chav it was unreal!
    As said would just go for somewhere in the engine bay...
    Nathan what do you make of the BMC CDA mate? Just I would love to put an Induction Kit in my Coupe but not sure which one to go for it's a choice between the Viper and the CDA so was just wandering what kind of gain you've got noticed from the CDA as I've heard they're REALLY good!(sorry for going OT) Thanks mate...
    IT'S NOT HOW FAST YOU DRIVE IT'S HOW YOU DRIVE FAST!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I would put it on the Air box Lid or on a Tool Box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast