Thread: z22se tuning options WITHOUT SUPERCHARGERS / TURBOS PLEASE

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

z22se tuning options WITHOUT SUPERCHARGERS / TURBOS PLEASE

can anyone tell me the max you can gain from a 2.2 (z22se)

getting a sports cat

got a panel filter, bigger intake pipe (75mm), Pre cat removed, bastuck full cat back system,

just wanna know more i can do....

fuel rails etc / injector swaps??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey mate you could put a 2.4 inlet manifold from a Chevy Cobalt 2.4 and also put the throttle body from the Cobalt SS/2Ltr Supercharged one.
    The Inlet Manifold is as good as a straight fit you just need to make a couple of brackets up for the ECU you could either give Courtenay Sport a call about the Inlet Manifold and mibbe the S/C throttle body or you could port your throttle body also I'm sure you can use the injectors from the Cobalt SS.
    This with cams and mibbe a ported head or some head work really it's down to funds!
    Do you know what kind of power you're puting out at the moment so far with a 2.4 Inlet Manifold,Custom downpipe/Pre-Catt removed,Straight Through System,200 Cell Sports-Catt,Oval Catt Back Box,De-Restricted Airbox,Veccy C Air Intake and Piping and a K&N Panel Filter before I put the Veccy C Intake piping on I got 165Bhp @ Courtenay Sport also to get rid of that dreadfull torque dip from 2kRpm to 3.5k/4kRpm you could have either a Custom Exhaust Manifold 4-2-1 or 4-1 Manifold made up or I think Regal are selling them at the moment not sure about the price though mate...
    Hope this helps some mate...
    IT'S NOT HOW FAST YOU DRIVE IT'S HOW YOU DRIVE FAST!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    Have a look at ffoeg's 2.2
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SE1 View Post
    Hey mate you could put a 2.4 inlet manifold from a Chevy Cobalt 2.4 and also put the throttle body from the Cobalt SS/2Ltr Supercharged one.
    The Inlet Manifold is as good as a straight fit you just need to make a couple of brackets up for the ECU you could either give Courtenay Sport a call about the Inlet Manifold and mibbe the S/C throttle body or you could port your throttle body also I'm sure you can use the injectors from the Cobalt SS.
    This with cams and mibbe a ported head or some head work really it's down to funds!
    Do you know what kind of power you're puting out at the moment so far with a 2.4 Inlet Manifold,Custom downpipe/Pre-Catt removed,Straight Through System,200 Cell Sports-Catt,Oval Catt Back Box,De-Restricted Airbox,Veccy C Air Intake and Piping and a K&N Panel Filter before I put the Veccy C Intake piping on I got 165Bhp @ Courtenay Sport also to get rid of that dreadfull torque dip from 2kRpm to 3.5k/4kRpm you could have either a Custom Exhaust Manifold 4-2-1 or 4-1 Manifold made up or I think Regal are selling them at the moment not sure about the price though mate...
    Hope this helps some mate...

Your a star, thats some useful information there!!

did you have a remap or can all this be done on a standard map??

also how much torque was it giving out coz most of them loose torque once modded.

I want to try and get the same sort of power as a turbo but from a N/A (power always there with no turbo lag)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    are the chevvy 2.2 intakes the same as the z22se??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mines running about 175bhp at the mo i think.
    Dbilas Inlet Manifold, Dbilas large air intake, 200 Cell sports cat, de-restricted air box, K&N panel filter, free flow down pipe, cat back powerflow exhaust, and re-mapped.

Need a new exhaust a sports cat though but after i've got those i'll be getting the DBilas exhaust manifold, cams, lightened & balanced flywheel...funds permitting of course!

Speak to Ian at midpoint garage, his 2.2 Astra Coupe is running about 220bhp! Cost him a lot of money to get it up to that though!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    take a look on xxxxx.co.uk what they dont know about the 2.2 lump aint worth knowing.
    This is evolution
    The monkey, The man, then the gun

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thread is 2 years old, not sure why it needed a bump? Link removed as spamming of non VBOA clubs is not allowed.