Thread: Bank charges!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bank charges!

Just noticed a nice £38 bank charge on my account!

I know its my fault as well, for my student housing I had to write 3 cheques, I thought I made them out of my current account check book.

Turns out it was from my student account, from which I transferred money from into my current account to pay for the cheque

If the guy in the bank had let me upgrade my current account to a student account like I asked then this would never have happened.

Currently I have 4 accounts with natwest, which is a joke, on top of that nice £38 charge I will more than likely have a nice charge from my landlord for missed payment! o dear

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bank charges suck so much man, i feel for you, I really do. I get them so much when my wages are late and all my direct debits get missed by one sodding day.
    1.8 SE2 Coupe! Let the mods begin...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riskoe View Post
    Bank charges suck so much man, i feel for you, I really do. I get them so much when my wages are late and all my direct debits get missed by one sodding day.
    Listen to you, it's your fault not the bank so quit moaning about your own mistakes.

If your wages are late then either move your DDs back or pass the charges to your employer who is to blame.

Bank charges may be too high, but in both these cases the bank is not to blame for the errors.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed, or ask for an overdraft to cover the DD for a few days

Status
    "Female"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ring them up and moan, if it is a mistake and they can see the money was moved to the wrong account, they will refund the charges!! I think they call it "a gesture of goodwill" ! Jx

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have been absolutely shafted by Alliance and Leicester recently, old account that was never used had a very old DD on it for 1.17p per month, it went the princely sum of £3 over (no overdraft on the account) back in feb (i had no idea, didnt even know the account existed anymore)

They charged me £50 quid intially followed by £5 per day - £170 later i realised!!

Its a total joke and i have lost all faith in banks....... granted there is an element of my fault, but for £3, £170 fine....come on!!??
    Black Magic Seat Leon Cupra 20VT

Status
    Liberated!
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you don't do it often (go overdrawn i mean) they may refund you the charges, my bank do. worth a try?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nationwide gave me a bank charge even though there was money in the account, seriously!
    Took me a month and umpteen phone calls to get it refunded

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16v View Post
    I have been absolutely shafted by Alliance and Leicester recently, old account that was never used had a very old DD on it for 1.17p per month, it went the princely sum of £3 over (no overdraft on the account) back in feb (i had no idea, didnt even know the account existed anymore)

They charged me £50 quid intially followed by £5 per day - £170 later i realised!!

Its a total joke and i have lost all faith in banks....... granted there is an element of my fault, but for £3, £170 fine....come on!!??
    Ring them and discuss the matter, they have no way of getting the money from you so I can't see them pursuing it as it will cost them more to do so!
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just go into and speak to someone in the bank chances are if your polite you'll get it back, have to remember it makes no difference to the person who serves you if you get charged or not so if your polite and apologise chances are they'll refund you, if your shitty then you dont stand a chance and they will enjoy saying no (i should know i did/do it now and when people are moaning, like you seem you maybe doing and getting shitty its more fun to say no)

also if your a student take in a student card or acceptence letter and make it a student account (asssuming your in uni) and cut the accounts down if your making mistakes,

and personally consider just moving banks as it isn't too much hard work and £38 is a piss take tbh, although some banks are changing their fees atm, I know barclays are making them loads loads cheaper and more clear to people so no doubt the others will follow suit soon,
    Drives - 08 Astra SRi XP 1.9CDTi 150

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast