Thread: Whats wrong with my comp???

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whats wrong with my comp???

Sometimes, though it seems to happen quite frequently..this forum appears to be down..I can't access it on my laptop, or my home pc.. I was wondering if its site maintenance.. but it just says page cannot open ..or something..

is there something wrong with my comp? It was like it on Saturday :/ ..ye I know, I should be out drinkin with everyother soul..but I'm broke and I need to fix my car

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'd say there is something wrong with your router or network if your having the same problem on PC and laptop.

Haven't noticed any problems with the site over the last couple of days.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This could be any number of things really. You would need to perform some steps when it appears to be down.

Do you use a wireless at home?

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisray View Post
    Sometimes, though it seems to happen quite frequently..this forum appears to be down..I can't access it on my laptop, or my home pc.. I was wondering if its site maintenance.. but it just says page cannot open ..or something..

is there something wrong with my comp? It was like it on Saturday :/ ..ye I know, I should be out drinkin with everyother soul..but I'm broke and I need to fix my car
    There are issues from time to time with accessing the site. I think there are peering issues with the datacentre the website uses. I have the same problems on the odd occasion.

As an example, the company I work for some times has problems with BT. BT has big issues with their Core Network at the moment and we suffer blips from time to time... this means, no-one using BT core network can access our websites.. and vice versa. Crazy, I know, but true

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First thing to try is to reboot the router and the pc/laptop to see if that cures it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have the same thing, but if www.astraownersclub.co.uk does not work then normally www.astra-sport.co.uk does

Astraz22
    Yep same here, occasionally the site appears to be down, and sometimes it works but does not display hosted pics.

Status
    "Female"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had problems like this before, i too could not get on last saturday?? Really odd as my friend down the road never has any problems getting onto AOC? JX

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    There are issues from time to time with accessing the site. I think there are peering issues with the datacentre the website uses. I have the same problems on the odd occasion.

As an example, the company I work for some times has problems with BT. BT has big issues with their Core Network at the moment and we suffer blips from time to time... this means, no-one using BT core network can access our websites.. and vice versa. Crazy, I know, but true
    I haven't been able to get on in the past few days

At least I'm not the only one, as I thought my pc was fecked and I started to lose my mind :S

I know it can't be router problems as I can access other forums as well as my email

I was thinking of becoming a full member ..but its not good if I can't access the site.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisray View Post
    I haven't been able to get on in the past few days

At least I'm not the only one, as I thought my pc was fecked and I started to lose my mind :S

I know it can't be router problems as I can access other forums as well as my email

I was thinking of becoming a full member ..but its not good if I can't access the site.
    What ISP are you with?
    can u access other websites when you can't get on AOC?
    SMIC, miltek catback, precat, Thorney remap 242.7 bhp 281lb/ft torque

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast