Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Warning Light

Hi All

I picked up a 55 plate 1.9CDTi SRI XP yesterday, and drove 250 miles back from the Vx dealership without a hitch.

Went out this morning for a spin, and about 30 mins in after 20 mins A road driving and 10 mins around town and a warning light comes on (Car with the spanner through it)

So i pulled over and had a read of the manual, decided there was nothing i could really do, so headed home. Looked back at the dash and the light had gone, so i carried on home and after 2 mins the light was back on, stayed on until I got on the A road again, i was doing about 55, when the light goes off again.

5 minuts later is back on, then another 10 mins and its off again. Then on again until I got home. So I turned her off, and the restarted and went round the blcok, and the light comes on about halfway round.

Ive had a read through the forum, and most of the other posts mention a loss of power with the englie light, but mine was fine, had I not seen the light i wouldn't have known there was an issue.

I'll obviously take it to the dealer, its got about 6 months warranty left, (Done 24k miles) Ay ideas what could have caused it? I would have thought any issues would have shown up on yesterdays 250 miles drive, not todays 10/15 mile one!

Thanks in advance!

Andy

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As with any EML problems, it is completely impossible to diagnose any faults without fault codes. With performance not being affected (limp home mode) it is most likely a currently dormant or unimportant problem, a problem nontheless. Get it to the dealer and make sure it gets completely sorted and anything relatively affected by it before the warranty runs out.