Thread: Yale wireless alarm systems

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yale wireless alarm systems

Anyone have any expierence of these, they seem very well priced, easy to install and seem good to expand also, after the recent break in at our house we are looking at getting an alarm fitted and these seem ideal and in our price range, are they any good and are they secure, with them being wireless to me it seems like they might not be as secure and the signals might be jamable?

Any info would be great, thanks.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Only problem with DIY alarms mate is that if you are telling your insurance company you have an alarm, they will say thats great....until you get broken into and you phone them and they say "Sorry, your alarm has to be fitted by a qualified installer and must be serviced annually".....mate that used to fit alarms told me this. But back on topic, we used to have an AEM wireless alarm and it was great but a b*tch on batteries.
    2000 Astra 1.8 16v Sport Black (5dr)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not too fussed about insurance aproval, more as a deterent if anything, yale claims that the devices will last up to 3 years on each battery and will tell you when and which device is running low.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have one

fitted it my self and it was very easy to do

just make sure you follow the instructions
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fitted one at my sisters, easy job and easy to expand. Good deterrent I think. Siren not very loud though, needs one front & back of the property.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As a former alarm fitter, alarms are a waste of time, just like car alarms they just get ignored.
    Better of getting a hidden CCTV system and a basic silent alarm with auto dialer.
    This way there is more chance the burglars will still be about when the police turn up and the cctv will provide photo evidence.
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think an alarm will work pretty well, if we had an alarm the other day the burgler would have been caught as my neighbours who are usually in most of the time would have known the guy they were speaking to in the street had just robbed our house rather than thinking he was just someone walking by. Also i have heard CCTV is pretty useless unless you get a really good one as unless the picture quality is really good it wont be much use, it also wouldnt be much use if the persons face is covered and the silent alarm isnt going to stop him breaking in, stealing all our stuff and getting away.

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I fitted one to the New Keif towers last year.

It's gone off twice.......both for a reason, both our fault, not the alarms.

We did what you've done, decided on a wireless system for ease of installation. I have found a slight "issue" with it and need to see if i can change the systems settings to sort it. (i'm not posting what on a public forum tho)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought a wireless one about a year ago but still haven't got round to fitting it yet.
    ^Click above if yae are^
    >< Proud To Be Scottish ><

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    only problem i found with mine was when we had helium bloons wheen liam was born and when they moved (as they do) it set off the alarm

did you know you can also fit the door sensors to your shed or garage as well if its in range
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast