Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Anybody into music production?

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    motionblur's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Anybody into music production?

    Just thought I'd ask... I've been producing dance music for a couple of years now. Mainly drum & bass, trance and breakbeat. Just wondered if anybody else is into it?

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    audiohitch's Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    731
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im into music production mate, but on the other end of the scale of music. I'm more studio based stuff with bands.
    What stuff you using?
    Im a Pro Tools user with a Mac system, with access to a 24 Track Analog recorder too.
    I'll try and get some pics of the studios I've built
    I've Gotta Have More Cowbell Baby!

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    TFU's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,766
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    home studio..cubase sx and reason very small studio but it does what it says on the tin...

    my mate tony has a pro tools studio in glasgow
    -.. . - . -.-. - .. ...- . / -- --- .-. ... . / .. ... / -.. . .- -.. ?

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    domino's Avatar
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,269
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionblur View Post
    Just thought I'd ask... I've been producing dance music for a couple of years now. Mainly drum & bass, trance and breakbeat. Just wondered if anybody else is into it?

    Exactly the same as me.. minus the breakbeats

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    Leyton -SRI-'s Avatar
    AOC Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    792
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionblur View Post
    Just thought I'd ask... I've been producing dance music for a couple of years now. Mainly drum & bass, trance and breakbeat. Just wondered if anybody else is into it?
    Used to many years ago but work took over really and couldnt find the time. Plus the dance/hardcore/trance/ house all took a big chance and i kinda didnt like it. Its just started to apeal to me again but now im took old to dance lol its like watching you dad dance at a wedding .......................... bloody embarrasing

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    motionblur's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalmarky View Post
    Im into music production mate, but on the other end of the scale of music. I'm more studio based stuff with bands.
    What stuff you using?
    Im a Pro Tools user with a Mac system, with access to a 24 Track Analog recorder too.
    I'll try and get some pics of the studios I've built
    Nice! I'd like to get into that too, but obviously just making electronic music is much cheaper these days because there isn't sich a requirement for good recording equipment, as all the sounds are mainly made/sampled onboard the computer.

    At the moment I'm using FL Studio/Reason/Ableton Live. Ive got a couple of midi controllers to play with EQs and plug ins and what not, and ive also got a midi keyboard, and a usb consender mic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leyton -SRI- View Post
    Used to many years ago but work took over really and couldnt find the time. Plus the dance/hardcore/trance/ house all took a big chance and i kinda didnt like it. Its just started to apeal to me again but now im took old to dance lol its like watching you dad dance at a wedding .......................... bloody embarrasing
    You're never too old go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. Music Production
    By Astra_Sport1981 in forum Chit Chat and a Warm Welcome!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-11-2008, 10:57
  2. music and coffee sunday music quiz,3 decades
    By nevertrustapunk in forum Chit Chat and a Warm Welcome!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-01-2008, 09:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •