Thread: help with dump valve fitting...urgent

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help with dump valve fitting...urgent

Started yesterday afternoon to re-fit the DV26 to my coupe turbo which the owner before had only done a half a job for.....he never removed the spring from the OEM dump valve or cnnected it to the rite bit of the vacum hose.

So i started bout 6ish undoing the 3 hex screw, thinkin it was real easy....until i struck the 3rd screw took me from half 6 to 11 tryin to get that bugger out! neways went to bed feelin good that the hard bit was done, but now am in a pickle, it says to follow the original vacum hose back to where it enters a T pieve and disconnect form there to add the new DV26 vacum line, but when i follow the original vacum hose back, the first place it goes is like throught a wee sensor at the back of the engine with 2 or 3 other pipes goin into or leaving it, but it i follow one of the lines leaving the sensor i can then see it reached a T piece then goes on to another T piece then goes into a 90 degree elbow which is connected to a nipple at the back left of the engine(if standing facing)

So can anyone enlightin me....where do i disconnected the original one from to connect the new one??

thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Actually the previous owner is probably right.
    If you disable the OE DV there is a very good chance your car will run rough.
    As far as I know the OE DV does more than just dumping.

And the DV26D should be plumbed into the fuel pressure regulator line, not the vacuum line. The reasons are here.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...ewDoc&docId=65
    Astra Coupe Turbo Project Log KW var2, BK299, Apexi, HID, Angel, Leather Cobra, Phoenix Gold, GT/R2, Fluted, DV26D, Pre/Sports/Catback, CarPC, B&M, VXR Turbo, Tarox-10, Phase 3! Car is for sale!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its a re cerculating valve you may suffer a hesitation at around 3000 rpm and other rough running and yes must be plumbed into the fuel pressure reg valve as if you plumb it in the rear boost solenoid valve you will even more probs
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its actually a pressure relief valve which controls boost pressure through midrange and part throttle, it is connected to a vacuum storage chamber on the back of the engine which is controlled by the said boost control solenoid. if you connect your DV26 to that then it will start dumping on part throttle, also the pipes on the fuel reg side are abit small for anything else so would take the dump valve longer to activate and create stall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Courtenays site mate tells you everything and comes with pic of where to plum it.
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT