Thread: New Turbo

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New Turbo

Hi can some one please tell me where i can get a vxr turbo for my mk4 astra? or is there anything better i can use for a simlar price? Also what sort of price would i be looking at to get it fitted?
    Thanks for any help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LMF are cheap, but with no warrenty!!!!!!

Regal and Courtenay fit them and have many years experience in the trade, so may cost a bit more but they offer a warrenty.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From recent enquiries Regal charge about £600 for turbo + new gaskets etc and £250 fitting. IIRC they don't offer warranty.

Courtenay charge about the same but offer 1 year warranty. Defo worth having.
    Astra coupe turbo 280bhp-sold
    BMW E60 5 Series M Sport

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just got a new VXR turbo from vauxhall. I know the parts guy quite well and after speaking to his manager i got it for £500 inc VAT!!
    They also told me that if i have any problems with it just to take the car into them and their technicians will diagnose and replace the turbo if need be. Even although vauxhall didn't fit it they will still warrant the turbo as long as its fitted by a vat reg garage.
    I also got the cooling mod put on there too whilst the old turbo was off and the car has been running smoothly since!
    I bought a turbo from LMF in Nov last year and it went at the beginning of may, 3000 miles to be exact! I was without my car for 6 weeks and ended up forking out for a new turbo whilst i wait on a refund for the faulty goods.

If i can be of any help, just ask!

Fonz