Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DV26 Dumpvalve problems

Hi Guys

Recently, I put in 2.2 airbox conversion and been running sweet since...the dumpvalve was quite loud still...today, it seems not to be working much...its very quiet...when i listen closely, its buzzing and leaking oil a bit...any ideas how come it could have gone so quiet?
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like your bumpvalve might be sticking, take it apart and clean up all the moving parts, then give lubricate it with some light oil or wd40.

Also while its apart have a look at the rubber seals, they can sometimes break up so might need changing.

It's a really simple dumpvalve, not many moving parts, just be careful when you undo the allen key bolts in the top, hold it tightly together as the spring tries to force the casing apart and you dont want it flying off in your face!
    Europa Blue Astra Coupe Turbo now - VX220 Turbo someday soon

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ill do it tomoz...it seems like its sticking to me as well...ill try to clean it tomorrow...lets hope i put it back together correctly lol
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wd40 doesnt work ive tryed lol
    you need a proper greese if you are going to do it,

i am sending mine back to bailey for a referb.
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i might take it apart, steam wash it, and soak it in sum wd-40 for a while...then grease it and put it back up together...how much you paying for the referb?

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its about 30 odd quid inc vat and delivery so alot cheaper than buying a new one,
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    problem i got is...ill just have to try clean it, because my car vacuum system set up for it, and ive not got the standard pipe...when you work 15miles from home, lol doesnt help either lol

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you got a metal power pipe?
    if so you can fit a battery to 'bung' it up for a day or so cause they said it take about 24-48 hours to turn it round
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    aint even got a metal powerpipe...what ill do is, try to clean it, if it dont work...ill just send it off to get done...will have to catch a lift with mum lol