AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Follow Glacious On Twitter Add Glacious on Facebook

Unhappy 6*9's Abit of stupid problem

Hey all

Dont really no why I am posting this guess to much spare time at work as I have nothing to do all week except sit here in front of pc anyhow you would think that if you are going out to buy entire new speakers for your car meaning front door rear door the front tweeters some 6*9's AMP and sub that you would really check to see if fits but nope not me anyhow went out and brought the hole lot only to come home and figure out in the coupe there aint exaclty what you would call a parcel shelf to put the bloody things on as the boot is completely seperate it seems I me gees talk bout waste of time and ofc feeling completely stupid in the process.

just wondering is it worth having all the metal surround the back cut out and holes made at back of car for the 6*9's?? first time I done this so wondering if its worth the hassle and makes much difference to sound having them connected as well??

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    iirc 6x9s can be made to fit where the existing rear speakers are.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Most say that 6x9's in the same air space as a sub is a bad idea, they conflict with each other. My suggestion is ditch the 6x9's and just go for the components up front and the sub in the boot.

Even putting them in the space of the OEM rear speakers may be pointless - I ran 6x9's on a shelf in my 3dr MK4 hatch and left the rear speakers unplugged. I ran a treble blocker for the 6x9's so they were only doing bass/mid and have always been happy with the sound considering I had no amp.