Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oil Problem...Any Ideas

Guys

I topped my oil up yesterday afternoon and did around 60miles in the night driving...on my way home, it came up on the computer system Check Oil Level twice...I left it standing all night as it was too hot to check the oil, this morning I have checked it, and the level is the same as i had it yesterday...3/4 full...

could it be I have fault oil sensor? any other ideas...
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think i've read that some people have bother with the sensor plug coming loose. best check that first. i think its just to the left of the turbo behind the aircon pump.
    no comment

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i wonder if it has come loose, because i was up behind there yesterday fitting large intake, 2.2 airbox etc...ill have to find where it is tho lol..the sensor plug
    Sapphire Black VxR Black Theme with a Touch of White, 3" Scorpion System, DapR springs, Rarb, JBI Tophat, FMIC & CDTI Conversion, Iridium Plugs, Full SMD in White...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra 1.9 cdti xpack
    Mentioned in
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trez View Post
    i wonder if it has come loose, because i was up behind there yesterday fitting large intake, 2.2 airbox etc...ill have to find where it is tho lol..the sensor plug
    If you look under the car at the sump area, just above it you will see the wire going into the sensor at the top of the sump at the front of the car

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my car is lowered 60mm lol i aint guna see under it...if i look at the engine bay from above, what colour is the cable with the sensor? is it near the ancillary pipes?just below them? or nearer the turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorted it lads...was loose connection..

cheers