Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Spare key how to

Hi

I lost one of my keys for my vauxhall astra enjoy so nw i only got one. I need to make another copy i went to a vauxhall dealer they said its abt £150 :S, however i heard the car audio and security shops can reprogramme key for the immobiliser.

I have seen keys for sale on ebay but am not sure which one is right for me.

and also do i just go to somewhere like tompson to make a copy of the key?

am really confused as u can see lol

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

£150 will be for the full remote and transponder key, a normal key that will start the car should be alo cheaper then all you would need is your keycode card to program the key to the car

I'm not sure how the security shops copy the keys for a immobiliser, would imagine they would start afresh with a new key
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have the keycode card, so does tht mean i can only copy the key from vauxhall?

and my local security shop said if i buy like a remote from ebay or somthin he will be able to reprogramme it to my immobiliser for like £10 as long as it has a chip

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just had my key copied, it cost me £80 for a genuine replacement form a none dealer. Although dispite him having 2 units and a little help from his mate it took 2 hrs worth of messing around.

he had a unit which was: -

AD100 PRO

I asked him weather you could just buy a remote and stick it into your ignition and press a button and he told me no... it was after when i found out why..
    step by step
    1)key is cut
    2)the ad100 unit is linked into ecu
    3)the user programes which type of security the car has (there appears to be 7 different types)
    4)the user then tells the car what he wants to do (in this case program a new remote)
    5)the new key is put into the ignition and ignition is turned
    6)button is pressed on the key to accept code from ecu

these are the steps which he took to program my key.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey, had to have mine reprogrammed about 3 months back as it lost its settings. was done at vauxhall and cost around £80 this included the diagnostics (around£30), the chip (around £10 i think) and the programming (another £30??) +vat.
    did enquire for a new key all done i think that was about £150 so i think if ya can get a key then it would cost about £50 that at vx at least to program it.
    i tryed an auto locksmith first which was completely useless and wasted my money so just be carefull with some like this.
    hope it helps