Thread: 100mm rear springs for astra mrk 3

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

100mm rear springs for astra mrk 3

hi there,can any 1 help,i want to lower the rear of my mrk 3 astra gsi 100mm,the whole car is 60mm but has no rear seats and is high at rear,also are there performance top mounts for the same car?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    matG has just lowered a mk3 estate too stupid amounts. hes the guy you need to talk to for the info.
    IIRC he lowered the rear of his 95mm, but has been saying that he had problems with the front due to not having coilovers

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    rear is not a problem the estate is a good 100mm lower with the install in. We used Blistien B8 (shorter and uprated shocks) and Coilsprings custom springs allround. Even with a 95mm spring drop on the rear the suspension still have lots of travel and the springs are not overly compressed so are perfectly safe, the fronts are little bit different and more of a pain.

As you will know coil overs for the Mk3 or pretty much non exsistant and dont lower the front all that much (max 80mm) so coilsprings is a good alternative, you just need to be carefull with the shock length.

Top mounts you can get uprated ones, however we have used Mk2 Astra ones as they drop it another 5mm or so on the front and seem to be working well for the limited millage we have put on the car so far.

Pictures of your car please and welcome
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members