Thread: Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine

Anyone tried this, i need to buy some polish for the weekend as i have ran out and i stumbled upon this at Halfrauds, a bit pricey and not sure if its any better than SRP.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_123052

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its designed for darker colored cars. I use it on mine (polar sea blue) with great results, better than SRP IMO. Not sure if you'll notice any difference on a lighter colored car tho because as i said its been designed for darker colors.

All depends on what color your car is really. If its dark then id say give it a go

Hope that helps!
    SRI TURBO + COURTENAY CS3 =

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Although its designed for dark cars, I have used it on a silver car with some really nice results.

If you've got a dark car, give it a blast. I use it on mine and I love the stuff.
    2007 Astra TwinTop 1.8 Sport

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not a fan personally - SRP, correctly worked, will deliver more for the finish as it has light abrasives and is more filler heavy so makes the better hand polish.

Plus, SRP can be topped with EGP quite happily, while my local AG rep told me that UDS couldn't be easily topped with SRP.

Personally, I'd stick with the SRP

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, my car is Grey, looks more bluey to me tho lol, so i think i'll stick with SRP.

With the SRP, are you supposed to work it into the paint work or just sort of wipe on and buff it off?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i use it on my black coupe and i find it better than srp in every way(when used on black), i used it last saturday and the car still looks good after a few rain showers.

pic taken today

astra sri 2.0 turbo xp sports hatch

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steesh View Post
    Well, my car is Grey, looks more bluey to me tho lol, so i think i'll stick with SRP.

With the SRP, are you supposed to work it into the paint work or just sort of wipe on and buff it off?
    Its best if you work it, small sections at a time (1' square) and work for a couple of minutes per section with medium pressure - this works the abrasives in it properly and the fillers and allows you to get the full potential of the product.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    UDS seems to be a glaze to me as opposed to a polish. I rate SRP very highly, as do many people on here.

Jimbo, I can show you a picture of my brother's car that's black and looks just as shiny, and it hasn't been washed in over a month. Black will give you reflection when it's not had anything applied to it, so you don't really get a true account of how good a product is on black, which is why cheapo car polishes always use black cars on their adverts
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    UDS seems to be a glaze to me as opposed to a polish. I rate SRP very highly, as do many people on here.

Jimbo, I can show you a picture of my brother's car that's black and looks just as shiny, and it hasn't been washed in over a month. Black will give you reflection when it's not had anything applied to it, so you don't really get a true account of how good a product is on black, which is why cheapo car polishes always use black cars on their adverts

Thats why my Volvo looks good!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Busted...hahaha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast