Thread: Boot Install

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Boot Install

Hey Guys' i am Looking for this to be done by christmas so need a lil bit of help and info as i am fairly new to ICE and Wiring

I am having a full /////Alpine system, going for flip up head unit, 4 new door speakers, 2 6x9's 2 10" subs and 2 amp's....

now i have a site where i can get them all for £1000 (but still looking around for cheaper place's but its the cheapest atm)

Links to these are:

Head Unit

Door Speakers

6x9's

Subs

Amps

thats all im looking for...

Now what i am looking to find out is.... Will the Subs and 6x9's be able to run off both amp's? and how do i get both Amp's connected to Head unit?

Thanks for your time guys' and gals'

Rye

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    First off, forget about 6x9's they're a waste of money and you don't need them in a decent setup.
    Put the price of them towards getting a set of decent components for the front instead of the co-axes (they will be fine for the rear).
    Save a bit of cash for now by running the rears off the head unit (plenty powerful enough for them).

Peronally, I'd go for a single 12" rather than 2 10's, then you can run one amp for the system. Fronts running off 2 channels, bridge the other 2 for the 12" sub. You'll also need a box or the sub, or a sheet of MDF or plywood to make one from.

You will need to allow part of your budget for a 4 channel amp wiring kit (this will contain everything you need to hook up the amp). Get the heaviest you can afford (minimum 4 gauge if possible) to allow you to upgrade easier in the future.
    Also budget for sound deadening your front doors, it'll really help improve your sound.
    2003 Sapphire Black 3Dr DTi Astra
    Custom Irmscher kit, Interior Leather/Alcantara retrim & Alpine/Focal Install
    Install progress (----------)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hope this helps dude. I recommend you use 8-Gauge Wire and a 60Amp Fuse mate. All this can be gotten in a kit or even by the meter from places like halfords or maplins. Make sure u use good drone leads also(RCAs)! Gold-Plated is best since Alpine Gold Plate their amps.

First Car - Mk4 Astra 1.6 8v
    New Car - Toyota MR2 GT T-Bar

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    First off you have a really weird budget split!

The HU is very expensive but the door speakers are too small and not powerful enough to amp to be honest.

I also agree with the others - go for a single sub and some decent components up front, ignoring the 6x9s (the ones you link to are again not really worth amping anyhow), you just won't need them. The MK4 Astra has 16.5cm/6.5" door speakers plus the components. If it's a 4dr then I think it has 13cm components in the rear doors?

I just got hold of a 4gauge Autoleads wiring kit from eBay for £22 delivered - same kit on most websites is £35-£40. Has everything to wire one sub and hopefully front speakers, including a 60amp fuse and holder.

If you want to amp the rear doors (assuming you have a 5dr Astra as you mention buying 4 speakers) then you'll need (for doors and a single sub) 5 channels on the amp, or two amps (one for doors, one for sub).

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As everyone else has said, forget about the 6x9 speakers. They are good if you want extra bass without a sub, but if you're running a sub then they are not needed.

Go for some good quality 6.5" components for your front doors as they will vastly increase the sound quality. Also, you may or may not need rear speakers as they just provide some rear fill that you won't really be able to hear in the front.

Personally, I think that you are best using 2 amps, but try and get a class d mono block amp for the sub, and a normal amp for the front doors. The subs you will be getting should depend on the type of music that you listen to. If you listen to rock music, then 2 10" or a single 12" sub in an enclosed boxed will make the bass clearer and more punchier, but if you like dance music and that then 2 12" subs in a ported box would be your best bet.

Also, like nry said look around on eBay for bargins, as saving himself £20 on the wiring kit can then be used to help fund slightly better speakers. They is also alot of nearly new equipment on there that is alot cheaper then the rrp price

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have a budget install thread in this section, pretty happy with everything so far but I'm not going for a majorly posh head unit and only one sub. For once eBay has been cheap!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie1556 View Post

Go for some good quality 6.5" components for your front doors as they will vastly increase the sound quality. Also, you may or may not need rear speakers as they just provide some rear fill that you won't really be able to hear in the front.
    Everyone keeps on saying rears a are just fill, you can actually hear the rear speakers in the overall sound of the music, try fading your stereo to the front speakers and see if you don't loose warmth in the sound, I've amped up all speakers as the sound is a lot better and gives you a lot more control, even standard speakers sound better amped Agreed your better loosing the 6x9's and getting another set of comps.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NightWolf View Post
    Hope this helps dude. I recommend you use 8-Gauge Wire and a 60Amp Fuse mate. All this can be gotten in a kit or even by the meter from places like halfords or maplins. Make sure u use good drone leads also(RCAs)! Gold-Plated is best since Alpine Gold Plate their amps.

Holy shit dude sweet thanks for that :P

i think im going to sit down and re-think my sound system now lol
    the info that you's have given is great it will defo save me some money too

how about these as the components?
    and swap the amps for these amps

as i said Thanks for all your info and wisdom it will also be taken in to consideration

thanks guys

Rye

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Keep checking ebay mate, few months back I got 2x Alpine 10" type L subs , type S 6x9s, and Alpine V12 mono and 2channel amps for £70 collected. I won with no other bids

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    your better off getting some type R's instead of those Type E's. much better. i picked mine up for £75 deliverde off the bay.
    The Man with a new Plan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast