I have been quoted £800 to fix my Astra, which has 108600k on the clock and wasnt in the best condition - cam gasket needed changing..lots of body work damage
My friend at work has had a Civic VTi unused for 11 months but it wont start. He says there's a problem with the relay box but it's easily sorted and cheaply too. The reason he's giving it me so cheap is because I've known him for about 18 years and he's getting a beetle this week.
He emailed me the list of goods and bads. Please tell me if you tihnk it's worth buying or biting the bullet and repairing my Astra.
- The cars a CIVIC VTi with the 170bhp (standard) engine (B16A2) 87k miles
Loads of history
New gearbox/driveshafts from 45k 2000 car cost £700+
Engine was rebuild about 2 years ago using skimmed performance head gasket, ported etc... cost £600
Cambelt done at 85k cost £180
Last MOT had loads done, bushes, shocks, exhaust, lambada sensor, brakes, etc...
Spare set of 14" enkei alloys
Twin Invo titanium exhausts cost over £600 per backbox, and stainless stell custom pipework.
Now for pictures
- The car has been stood for about 11 mths and wont start, batterys flat etc...
- The car has a few scratches and dings, and a little surface rust by arches (v.small),
- The last owner repaired the rusty tailgate and rear drivers tailgate and didnt do a very good job, never bothered me.
- The front lights need fitting properly due to removing angel eye style ones.
- Alloys are kerbed in places and has 1 flat tyre (slow puncture).
- Car has bonnet pins as latch was remove when i kept getting stuck-looks good though.
- Maybe a few other minor things as it is a 93 car, but can be viewed...