Thread: Cod 5

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cod 5

Looks like they are going back to world war 2 for the next game , not really sure how good the on-line multi player is going to be. Seems to be a diff company who made cod4. Have you seen the trailer ? what you think ?
    100,000 Miles and drives like new
    Car blog:http://www.freewebs.com/newlifeintooldlegs/ - Check it out if you have a min

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think the graphics look awesome and isnt it about Vietnam?
    Man in the sky murders 40 thousand in Tsunami.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where is the trailer?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by redhotpanther View Post
    Where is the trailer?
    www.callofduty.com
    Car blog:http://www.freewebs.com/newlifeintooldlegs/ - Check it out if you have a min

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cod5 was made by is being made by the same peeps who did cod3. Hopefully they will get it right this time. If set in the Pacific of world war to were you play the yanks fighting the japs. Prob be more but no details on it yet. Im following this one very carefully lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as above. also it uses a further developed version of the cod4 engine, so should 'feel' similar, but look visually better. also the environments are meant to be more destructable than that in cod4, e.g. you can burn vegetation with a flamethrower to remove hiding places etc. Sounds cool to me.

I have two reservations regarding this game however.

1) Cod3 basically sucked. Cod2 was good and Cod4 I love. Cod3 was a quickly developed game, and didn't do too well. They have more time with Cod5, but I hope they don't c*ck it up!

2) WW2 theme isn't as cool as modern them IMO. No flashbangs then!
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Leyton -SRI- View Post
    Cod5 was made by is being made by the same peeps who did cod3. Hopefully they will get it right this time. If set in the Pacific of world war to were you play the yanks fighting the japs. Prob be more but no details on it yet. Im following this one very carefully lol
    Cod 3 was pooh and i only had it for like a day before i went back to playing cod2 online. They will sell so many copys just on the back of cod4 hype , but if its sucks it will be going back same day when is the release date ?

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have mixed feeling on this, basically along the same lines as what Skannk said! - too lazy to type out basically what he has already said

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaanK View Post
    as above. also it uses a further developed version of the cod4 engine, so should 'feel' similar, but look visually better. also the environments are meant to be more destructable than that in cod4, e.g. you can burn vegetation with a flamethrower to remove hiding places etc. Sounds cool to me.

I have two reservations regarding this game however.

1) Cod3 basically sucked. Cod2 was good and Cod4 I love. Cod3 was a quickly developed game, and didn't do too well. They have more time with Cod5, but I hope they don't c*ck it up!

2) WW2 theme isn't as cool as modern them IMO. No flashbangs then!
    and no Apache Helicopters

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    COD5 is being developed by Treyarch who also developed COD3. COD4: Modern Warfare was developed by Infinity Ward. They take turns making the COD games so they can work on other games in the inbetween time.

COD5 is indeed going back to WWII which IMO sucks cos COD3 wasn't all that good and COD4 rocked!

It has already been postponed from being released at the end of this year to the start of next due to Activision wanting to make sure it is as big of a success as COD4 but also make sure people don't think it's a sequel etc.

From what I've heard *RUMOURS* COD6 will be the sequel to COD4 and developed Infinity Ward, it will show that your actions on COD4 have pushed the world closer to the brink of WWIII and nuclear warfare.

COD5 is titled: World At War and takes place in the Pacific Theatres of WWII.

There's plenty of screenshots and videos scattered about the web about it.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast