Thread: help required quick lol.....much appreciated

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help required quick lol.....much appreciated

right saturday night was at a friends watching boxing....everyone drinking apart from me as i had work following day.

I didnt have my car with me however my mate witha 206 did, but he was over the limit easily. He was going to drive to shop to get beer, but i tried stopping him and he didnt listen, so instead i offered to drive as I have a Fully Comprehensive policy, which i though would cover me third party.

We were pulled for having a light out and I was given a producer.

However I have found out that for third party extension you must be under 25. Im suchhh a tit, this is going to sound silly but my mum who sorted my insurance always told me I would be covered but she must be wrong obbviously.

So gotta produce in next 7 days........what do i doooo

already got 3 points btw

thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you can't produce, so you were driving without insurance, possibly a fine and a short ban coming here?
    Vectra GSi SeatsHella Headlights
    17" alloysPiper 3" rolled exhaust
    GSi Bumper & skirts
    Dropped on Coilovers

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you rekon? what if i plead, i though i was covered, and also I was doing somehting responsible trying to stop my mate from driving under the influence which would be alot more dangerous. flood a few fake tears in court

cockd up big timmeee

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Doubt the pleas will work, at the end of the day you drove without insurance no matter how good you were trying to be. Sucks but you live and learn.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tell them what's happened and see what they say. I know people that have been given only a warning when caught without tax on a car, or MOT, and even no insurance, and some even 2 of those instances!

Or you could insure yourself on the car temporarily and show them that as proof.

Something that happened to me a few months ago, I bought a new car, for some reason the insurance didn't go through and I was unfortunate enough to be stopped on the way back from buying it - and it had no tax! Was given a producer, sorted the tax immediately, the insurance certificate came through as a start date a couple of days after buying the car!? But the police didn't care, they just wanted to see proof of insurance on the vehicle within 7 days (and they even told me it doesn't matter if I don't come in within 7 days)!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mmmmm shit!!! what you rekon i do then? just go produce and act normal? like i think im covered........or what

not trying to be a scammer as i realise iv messed up, just hink it might look better if i act like i thought i was covered, as i actually did at the time.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    but if i go insuraing myself temporarily then its like fraud then ye.....trying to to that to cover myself as i wasnt insured on the date i got pulled over.

rekon i just go produce, and when they realise im not covered I just plead i though i was, and hope they take pitty

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just go to the station tommorow, with your Mum and if you can, the owner of the 206, and polietly, tell them what happened.

Get the car owner to take all his documents in too.

It might help, it might not, but you wont beat the system mate by trying to lie or scam your way out of it. The moment you loose your rag, is the moment they loose ANY sympathy, remember that. And even if you do get done, it looks a lot better that way come court time, and you know you tried your best to get out of it in an honest and polite way....

By the way, gutted for ya. You try and help and....
    "Take the time to make some sense, of what you want to say, and cast your words away upon the waves."

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got to be honest - I doubt they will come down on you that hard. I am interested as to what the outcome will be.

If everyone concerned can go all together to the station (i.e. you, mother and 206 owner) and explain exactly what happened I'm sure they wouldn't come down that hard. Like I say I know of people that have been caught for far worse and been only warned - not even fined. Worrying gets you no where anyway.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good luck hon, keep us posted. (fingers crossed for you)
    Man in the sky murders 40 thousand in Tsunami.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast