Thread: speakers cheaper in the US?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

speakers cheaper in the US?

my dad's going to Vegas for a 'conference' for work, but im wondering if there are any speakers that are cheaper in the US (around £100) that would cost more here and be worth getting while hes out there (no postage etc)
    thanks

Lee

oh and 17cm components btw
    Mk4 3 door sxi

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi, i would say that they would be cheaper because how stong the pound is at the moment, for example 100 dollars is only 50 pound (roughly) so they will probably be cheaper, just have a look on some american websites, that should give you a rough idea.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks, i knew they would be cheaper due to the exchange rate, just didnt know if there were any in particular to go for, hes back in the UK now anyway
    Mk4 3 door sxi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    TBH they are not far off what they charge over here and in fact nowdays pretty much par for par the same. On some European brands they are actually more expensive out there e.g. Brax, Genesis, Focal. If you can get them at a discount price or on sale then yes they are cheaper somtimes by quite a bit.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasilD View Post
    TBH they are not far off what they charge over here and in fact nowdays pretty much par for par the same. On some European brands they are actually more expensive out there e.g. Brax, Genesis, Focal. If you can get them at a discount price or on sale then yes they are cheaper somtimes by quite a bit.
    True, until you look at an American brand, IIRC my components over here are about £350-400 but i ordered mine form Ebay america and got them for £180 delivered