Thread: The Bremner Sporthatch Detail.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Bremner Sporthatch Detail.

Had a blue sporthatch couple of weeks ago to play with....

Quite badly swirled..

Car washed , clayed , cirtrus degreased , wheels done as per usual then quick detailed and dryed

Car then taken into garage measured up , taped up and inspected

and worked on car with 80349 , polishing pad and ff.

Wheels zaino,d and left

and wax used today was z Titanium

applied to car and removed when cured

z8 applied to car , wheels dressed , rubbers 303,ed and seals done..

THE RESULTS

Heavenly Paintwork is simply Heaven Itself.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Well done Marc another 'routine' turnaround. Awesome reflections though absolutly superb. Congratulations Bremner fantastic car and lovely results you must be very very happy?

Marc the 303 rubber & plastic protector does it leave any residue behind? I applied the megs plastic & rubber care stuff and buffed off the residue but after PVS the plastic rub strips on my door came home almost fuzzy with the amount of dust sticking to them. Do you think that I still left too much product on them or is it the products nature?

Cheers
    jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well Marc, youve done it again! Looks awesome that mate, really does. Excellent, very thorough (sp?) work. Hope you had yourself a celebratory tinny after.....

2 things. Firstly, I have been looking through a lot of your posts of various cars you have "had a crack at." Although it seems this is only a hobby thing for you - Dont let that deter you from you from one fact. You are very, very good. Every single car you do, looks better than new afterwards. You are a talented guy, with a shed load of knowledge, patience, and experience. Its just good to see somebody so good at their hobby.....

(Anybody who thinks Im brownosin' Im not. In my eyes, if something/someone is bad or wrong. Tell them. The same goes the other way. We are all quick enough to slate somebody who uses Fairy liquid and an old sponge. Im just being quick at praising somebody who is doing it so well. )

Secondly, In a previous post a week or so ago, you said you were going to "boil up" some petes 53. What does this do/show you? You also said Petes "spit shines well." What does this mean?

Cheers, AstraKid1 (new to it all......)
    "Take the time to make some sense, of what you want to say, and cast your words away upon the waves."

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks i appreciate that...

Im no scientist and when a wax is boiled i cannot tell what is left but i have someone who can so theres your answer to that...Im sure there are ways and means of testing waxes through boiling down and seeing whats left after various products have evaporated or dissolved..

Spit shining is a way of applying waxes in quick successsion by spritzing the area after waxing with freezing cold water and then applying another layer immedately....

This is an extract i was given to learn it by and have played with it many times now..

take a spray bottle of pure water and put it into the freezer. Do not let it turn to ice. You want it to get as cold as possible without it turning into ice. When I spit shine, the top 1/2 inch or so of water in the bottle is ice.
    now for the actual spit shining part. spray a small area of the paint with the cold water (somewhat generously). Then apply your carnauba over top of the cold water. make sure that the paint is cool to the touch before you start. apply until the droplets are gone. Let the nuba dry and then buff off with a MF.

Now for an explanation of what's actually happening here. If you have a layer of carnauba on the car, and then you apply another layer of carnauba on the car, the solvents in the second layer of carnauba will actually dissolve the first layer and the two layers will combine. The cold water spritz'd onto the surface keeps the first layer solid and doesn't let it dissolve. For example, collinite's 845 insulator wax is a good example. When the wax is warm, it's a thick liquid. When cool though, it becomes almost a paste because it hardens up. This is exaxtly what is happening on your paint. The cold water hardens up the first layer of wax to the point where the second layer's solvents cant dissolve it. Instead of having just one layer of wax on the car that is a combination of whatever you've applied, by spit shining the layers you apply, you have separate and defined layers of wax which helps the look overall (especially for showing the car off and you have 4, 5, 6, or more layers on the car).

Think of the army and spit shining boots..
    Heavenly Paintwork is simply Heaven Itself.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ahhh, I see.... Im just getting used to cleaning using the 2 bucket method so I will try and walk before I can run, but thanks for the reply...

Keep up the good work.
    "Take the time to make some sense, of what you want to say, and cast your words away upon the waves."

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    awsome work matey
    astra coupe bertone on 18" pro race 1.2s now on coilovers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A very big thank you to Marc for his whole day of hard work. I have seen his work on here before, but its different when its your car! Its a transformed car now, looks darker than it was too, apparently thats the wax. I am so so happy with the finish, unfortunately the Sahara rain is back, so it doesn't quite look so good now!
    2.0 Turbo SRI X Pack Sport Hatch - 31.7 MPG!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what is it you use to remove the swirl marks?
    got loads of those on mine!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looking awesome as always mate.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring