Thread: zaf gsi has gone back for new TURBO

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

zaf gsi has gone back for new TURBO

had the car for 2 weeks an the turbo is now smoking like james bonds aston. I have been given a a3 for a few days whilst things are sorted. Its a 51 plate 1.8 petrol oh my god its crap to drive no go in it at all and i cant see the speed cus iam so tall i have ajusted the wheel but still no good. I would hate to be any taller cus me head is on the roof i am only 6ft.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lucky you. Am busy arguing with the garage to replace the turbo on mine, to the point the trading standards are now involved as its dragged on for over 2 months.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jzr172 View Post
    had the car for 2 weeks an the turbo is now smoking like james bonds aston. I have been given a a3 for a few days whilst things are sorted. Its a 51 plate 1.8 petrol oh my god its crap to drive no go in it at all and i cant see the speed cus iam so tall i have ajusted the wheel but still no good. I would hate to be any taller cus me head is on the roof i am only 6ft.
    fingers crossed the turbo is the fault for you, new turbo fitted i bet it'll fly but remember the turbo care, wait til it warms up... and for it to cool down too.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It passed its mot today. He is sorting the turbo out. Only had the car a day and it started to smoke but now is constant