Thread: What to expect for GTI International

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What to expect for GTI International

For those that haven't been before, be prepared for some very different and very entertaining times.

We plan to meet in portsmouth pre-ferry for a quick beer. HEad to the ferry terminal and have to wait there for an hour or so before boarding. Once on you have to goto recpetion to get keys for a room if you have booked one. Take anything you might need with you as you cant go back to the car once set sail. We dont sail util midnight so a quick cheeky beer or 10 and we'll get out heads down - this is advised, ask Matt/Byron last year who stayed up all night, and never really recovered

The drive down. The route is slightly different this year, due to going to Caen and not Le HArve. The route will be posted shortly. Be prepared for a good 6 hour drive, we usually aim to break it up with a couple of stops - but this is dependant on time, traffic and if people dont get lost etc lol

Not as many cars going this year, so it should be easier to stick together - DAVE !!!

Tolls, the roads in france are very nice, but every so often you'll get a Toll. Obviously if you are on your own paying can be a problem, so if possible follow one of the other cars through and they can pay for you at the sametime - settle up later etc. Euros are needed, you cant pay on your card for the tolls !

We are again staying with Jean Claude, as last year. Anyone that saw the pictures will know we are actually camping in his front garden. This isn't like a UK front garden, but a proper full on swimming pool equipped party venue lol. Please however take into account it is his house, and while we are using part of it for shower/toilet etc and he is happy for us to, show some courtesy to the fact we are guests. Campsite Steve wont be there this year, so we will have to cook and clean up for ourselves. Again a joint effort would be appreciated, and then its over quicker for some beer to start Please keep the toilet and shower clean after you have used it, if we do our bit, then I'm sure Jean Claude will get his quad friends around for some anglo-saxon drinking competitions

The show itself, its massive. Comfortable shoes are a must, as is a hat if its hot. Food and drink are available but queues can be big. It will dwarf most of what you are probably used to, and with any luck the quality of cars will be good too

The Sunday night we are planning to go to the restaurant again for something to eat. Its a chance to sit down and have a chilled out evening with our hosts. We paid for Jean Claude and his wife to eat last year, I would like to do the same again if possible, although this is upto you if you would like to put into the pot or not

The return trip back is again another long drive. Timing can be alittle odd traffic dependant, so this needs to be sorted in advance, which i will again do beforehand.

Any questions, problems or comments welcome

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is it best to take some beer along with us, or is it easy enough to get to a shop to buy some, as i know magny cours is virtually in the middle of nowhere.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wouldn't worry about beer, we can get some on the way down no problems

If you need regular snacks though for the drive, then take some nibbles etc

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNikon View Post
    Wouldn't worry about beer, we can get some on the way down no problems

If you need regular snacks though for the drive, then take some nipples etc

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry i cant make it but dont forget the red bull for JC. (red bull is banned in france)

Last year we brought out the red bull ,he brought out champange and its was cham bulls all round.

Gutted im not there, but just spent a million on my business, so i cant dissapear the first weekend we are open

BMC
    04/02/71 to 09/05/09 - RIP BMC

Brevior saltare com deformibus mulieribus est vita

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Always Vag-opel to crack open the slags big fella

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Another must have is:

SAT NAV with Euro maps - you can buy these cheap now or borrow one for a few days of a mate or family member.

PHONE WITH CREDIT - make sure you have lots of credit if its pay as you go, and make sure that your phone has international roaming enabled!

Dave - this is particually aimed at you
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG View Post
    Another must have is:
    Another thread muppet

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=150806

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    its called a reminder steve so its fresh in peoples minds..... some people forget such things
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG View Post
    its called a reminder steve so its fresh in peoples minds..... some people forget such things
    Still a muppet