Thread: Xbox issues

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Xbox issues

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone could help?

I have a x360 and bought an HD ready tv from argos (acoustic solutions or something)

Anyway ive plugged the xbox into the tv and connected all the wires from the xbox bar the yellow one and flicked the switch to hdtv and im getting nowt but a blue screen and no sound output

but when i put the red and white av output wires onto the normal av connections i got the sound put no pic on the hd screen on the telly - i called xbox and they are no use - apparently sending me a new wire but i was wondering if anyone on here has a solution?
    Now has a clio - dont ban me

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you connect the yellow wire grouped with the red and white wires to the TV and flip the switch to non-HD that should get it playable for now. It sounds like something on the TV needs setting for HD, you have got it on the right channel?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you need a different lead m8 its a component lead that has more colours to it or a lead that got a hdmi port on both sides as this pluggs into the x box hdmi port and then into ya hdmi port on tv
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sure its on the right channel.

Sounds like you have connected it correctly with every wire apart from the yellow one (i.e RED, GREEN, BLUE + RED, WHITE for sound). So just flick through all the different AV channels on the TV.
    Otherwise it could just be a faulty lead.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have an Elite or a pro with HDMI get one and use that mate sooooooo much better ( ive got an elite ) and get yourself a optical digital cable to crystel clear sound . If you have not got the above but do have a pc input on you HDTV then bag yourself a cable from game. Original Microsoft is the best but pricy. Game do there own version shade cheaper but can be hit n miss with the quality. Try ebay.

If you dont wanna do any of the above then just use the scart black that comes with it or plug all 3 cable into the relevent sockets.

Hope this helps matey. If you need any more advice giz a shout.

Oh my XBOX Live ad is Mcnab 360 add me

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i ended up getting a hdmi cable for a fiver off ebay will report back
    Now has a clio - dont ban me