Thread: Janspeed coilovers & camber/tracking settings

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Janspeed coilovers & camber/tracking settings

i've got a mk4 gsi, about 20k miles ago i gave it a 40mm drop + new tyres, i got the tracking done too but never gave a thought to the camber, obviously i've now got tyres with no tred on the inside and a full tred on the outside

i'm getting the wheeles painted soon so i'm gona buy some new tryes too, i've also seen some janspeed coilovers on e-bay for £250, how will fitting coilovers affect my camber/tracking?? will i have to have it set every time i change the ride height?

the coilovers seem quite cheap so i imagine they wont be the best, anybody els had janspeed coilovers can tell me how they feel? bearing in mind i've got g-max shoocks n springs now (didn't really make the handling much better, just makes the car look better) anything would be an improvement.

also, where do you guys get your tyres from? i have a mate who fits (and will do it for nothing) but his supply is expencive as it goes through the company he works for. seen some yocahoma 215/40/17's for 70ish each on the net but do you guys know of anyone cheaper?

nice one

Barton

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    are the mk4 astra's camber adjustable ?
    if so you would need a full geometry set up done if there not then camber' adjuster's would be worth getting..i have some on order for my mk3

you could get a lot more info from this here www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum

tony is a god at suspension calibration's and has all the best equipment in the uk

traking is a waste of money at the best of time's but with a lowered car you will be totally wastin you time lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My FK coil overs have camber adjustment and the standard struts have about 2 degree's of adjustment due to the play in the holes.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...