Thread: z20let cutting out

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

z20let cutting out

hello ive just joined up on here as ive only had my astra coupe turbo a few days now and got a problem and its doin my head in already

ive just flushed the coolant system out as it was dirty and nasty and put in 3ltrs of vauxhall coolant and 2ltrs of fresh water and ever since that it goes good and then holds back a little and then when gets hot about 80ish it just cuts out and wont start again for about 10 mins and then drives ok and does it again and again sometimes after a good run and when i stop and let it cool down it smokes clear and a slight white and then goes away for a day or so and then comes back the next day ect but dont do it when goin what could i do do you think its the head gasket starting to go any info needed please before i just set fire to it lol as its driving me nuts thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    turbo oil seals ??
    on the water in the cooling system its summer you should have a 20/80 Water mix an in winter a 40/60 mix

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    on the not starting when hot its prob a duff Coolent temp sensor causing that they are cheap
    under £20

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks its just doin my head in so fast as iv only had it a week lol any ideas where the sensor is and is it ok the amount of water and coolant in her thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    thanks its just doin my head in so fast as iv only had it a week lol any ideas where the sensor is and is it ok the amount of water and coolant in her thanks
    Under the coolent resevoir mate. When i changed mine i was a bit paranoid so i put loads of towels so the water gets soaked up straight away, then just spray some lubricant so nothing starts to rust.

HTH
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT