Thread: Beeping when open the door and no central locking?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Beeping when open the door and no central locking?

Hi have a 2005 astra.

One day the tailgate would not close and kept slamming it down a few times and eventually it worked.
    The next morning when you get in the car as soon as you open the door you get the beep beep chime sound until the door is closed. same when you get out etc.

The central locking no longer works.. have to lock the drivers door but all the rest do not lock, even with the key in the driver door or by the keyfob.. i have checked the fuse for this and its ok..

now to complicate things, last night it started working! and now again its stopped working... any ideas?!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could be the main control unit for the central locking, is it still under warranty?, if so take it back to vx asap.

jason

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    As above really. If the cars under warrenty take it back ASAP even if it's just so they understand there's a problem while it's under warrenty
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    unfortunatly its a 05, so no warrenty, no ideas then? i was hoping maybe it could be a loose wire in tailgate, that was causing the c/l circuit to go funny...

but well any ideas would be great , otherwise a expensive dealer trip! it keeps going on and off over the last two days still, sometimes works, others doesnt!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Remember 3 years warrenty on these cars so it could still be covered

Until it packs up completly it may be hard to find the fault, even the dealer may struggle if it works when you go in
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, first post here but been lurking for a while.

Sorry to drag up an ancient post, but I have the same problem and have been fiddling today trying to work out what's going on as I'm seriously short of cash this month and can't afford the luxury of a dealer visit for a bit.

I have a 55 plate, just out of warranty, Astra sport hatch SXI. Several faults have appeared at the same time :

Doors and boot will not lock/unlock with the key remote.
    The lights-on alarm beeps when the drivers door is opened (even when the lights are off).
    The radio stays on when the key is removed from the ignition.

The central locking works if I use the button on the dash and I've ruled out keyfob battery trouble.

After a bit of twiddling today, I discovered that if I remove fuse 34 in the engine fusebox (Control Unit Steering Column Module), then replace it after a second or so the doors will then lock as expected. However if I start then stop the engine, the locking fault returns immediately.

At a minimum, I could do with being able to secure the car at night until I can get it to Vauxhall next month but can only lock the drivers door with the key, and the passenger door by poking the mechanism before shutting it. Is there any way of locking the boot?

After a bit of searching, I suspect the CIM would be swapped usually for similar faults, what sort of cost is this?

Would appreciate any tips or advice, thanks all!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

Because the ignition barrell is still mechanical to a certain extent I wonder if it has just got stuck. Does the steering lock work?

Try spraying some WD40 into the barrell and turning the key back and forward, it may just free it off

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the tip Autosparks, unfortunately didn't fix it. Gave it a few squirts and a good wiggle. Steering lock works fine btw.

Cheers