Thread: Amp: sub/component choices...

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Amp: sub/component choices...

Okies, enough people on here have suggested the Fli FL800S amp (cheapest new so far is £78 that I am happy it is a decent choice for me. Offers what I was looking for, 3-way option, driving sub in the 'boot' + components up front.

That leaves me curious on speaker choices. I've looked at the Infinity Kappa range for months and months, never managed to find them on eBay at a relevant price compared to a normal online shop. Would there be anything bad about a set of 65.7cs components? Never found anything bad said about the Kappa speakers and they can be found ~£50 on eBay and other shops online. I'm kinda aiming at the £50 budget for the components but a little bit higher would be feasible.

Sub-wise: I'm still torn between free-air on a solid stealth shelf (I'll make this and don't doubt it'll be suitable or well made) or doing a decent (but small given I have a spare wheel in the boot and I need to ensure whatever I do is easily removable incase access is needed to the LPG tank etc) boot build stuffed into the right section of the boot. Some deals can be found on the Kappa subs (e.g. 102.7W £60 at present), I'm thinking 10" at the moment to keep weight down a little (fuel economy blah blah) and also keep size down r.e. boot build space. Seen a few Pioneer subs for a similar price but not 100% sure what to look for - first sub I'll have ever bought when I finally get around to buying anything! There are loads of subs around the £50 mark...

Then there's the wiring kit but I don't think that is too hard to suss out.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    are you going to PVS?

Ive got a spare set of components never used, although the box is knackered...

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not at PVS - what make/model are the components?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Fusion Encounter Components:
    details are here:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/fusi...65-p-6448.html

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Age old question of how much and would you post?