Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

12v Ignition for Parrot...

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a Parrot LS3200+ for hands-free goodness, and the ISO kit to fit it to the car, BUT I cannot locate a 12v ignition in the stereo... where would I find this wire so that the Parrot will turn on when I turn the key? I can only find a constant live in the stereo wiring...

Many thanks,
    Craig.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is a switched live wire taped up alongside the wire that powers the ciggy lighter socket....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Excellent!

Excellent! Thanks for your quick reply! How easy is this to get to? Do I need to take panels out etc...? Thanks in advance!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I recently hooked my Garmin Satnav up this way.

Whay i access it was:

1) Removed the radio. Used 4 screw drivers to get it out (not the best way to do things, But worked for me, was 2 man job thou)
    2) Then I removed the climate control unit.(the dials that control heating etc)
    3) then the cig light bit will pop out(well you have to pop it out, I done this by using a flat head screw driver and a bit of cloth so I didnt mark the plastic)
    4) The ignition wire is taped up, You'll notice it once you look at the back of cig lighter wire.

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Done!

Many thanks for all your help guys, I've now got my Parrot installed and it's working like a charm! Well, apart from sometimes it decides to hang when I hang up, and I have to reboot by pulling the cable out and sticking it back in... but it's wired to the car at least!

Cheers,
    Craig.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    u could have picked up switched live from behind the glovebox (as its easier 2 get to.
    Once the box is out look up and see the plastic casing holding the wiring taped in electrical tape. pick out the thick black wire and tap into that (as its the main ignition feed)

the 3200 shouldnt hang up on its own, could be a setting or loose connection?