Thread: front ash tray

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

front ash tray

I need to know how to get the front ash tray unit out, as ther is a coin stuck behind it and it does not close and with it being made of plastic i dont want to snap it. Thats with having a over zelous wife throwing it in from a distance,help "women"if there is anybody out there who can help it would be most appreciated. Astra mark 4 52 reg starsilver [Stargeezer] Thanks.......

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine comes out with screws... im pretty sure there is 3 of them.
    wat i did was took the main tray bit out ( like the lil metal tray) and mine has a flap that is activated to life up by a sping when u open it i would assume urs is the same... well behind that there is screws.
    so...
    push it to open it.
    i took the lil tray out but i dont think its required.
    push the springy "lid" down and you should see some screws.
    i dont think they are torque or anything like that i think they are just phillips heads.
    thats how mine came out.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is a how to on how to remove the ashtray.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did the How-To on how to dismantle the ashtray without breaking it and more importantly how to get it back together again
    Look in the How-Tos section, TBH it's pretty easy.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    pretty simple really. open the ashtray n pull the flap down and remove that screw. pull the plastic away from the cigarette lighter then remove the screw from there and then pull the ashtray being careful not to snap the clips on the far left side of the ashtray at the back. then to refit just do the same in reverse

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm having the same problem. I can get the right side of the ashtray to unclip but the left side just won't budge.

Short of taking a hammer to it, is there a trick to getting it out without forcing it?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I can get the right side of the ashtray to unclip but the left side just won't budge.

Short of taking a hammer to it, is there a trick to getting it out without forcing it?
    Are you just trying to remove the ashtray from the centre console? if so have you removed the cover around the cig lighter? if not just pull and it should pop off. You should see an oblong hole which is where the clip is located, you can insert a small screwdriver down the hole and lever the clip to one side IIRC
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.