Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up Car PC + ICE

Right people.

It seems my plans have taken a turn for the worse and my original plan for the carpc and ice setup has to go on the backburner. It's something I'll maybe pick up again once I've got more time on my hands and a little more money.

In the meantime! - I need/want to get something done in time for PVS. So, I need peoples suggestions/ideas as to what I should do. I'm fine with all things computery, happy to solder and generally mess about but not so happy with chopping up the dash and what not (that's for when the final install happens - see above)

Budgeting about 200 odd at the moment... just something cheerfull to keep me going for the time being

Fire away!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i dont know wether it is me or not but you may want to proof read what you have put as its not making too much sense on what your asking us to "fire away" at?

is it suggestions on a cd/mp3/screen/carpc?

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ste_goffy View Post
    i dont know wether it is me or not but you may want to proof read what you have put as its not making too much sense on what your asking us to "fire away" at?

is it suggestions on a cd/mp3/screen/carpc?
    uhm.. yes... is that not clear? lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How far have you gone with the carpc?

You can buy din size car pc's that you can put into the coupe multi change cd holder in the glove box and a din size fold out touch screen.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee gsi View Post
    How far have you gone with the carpc?

You can buy din size car pc's that you can put into the coupe multi change cd holder in the glove box and a din size fold out touch screen.
    Yeah, but I'm looking at a completely custom setup that looks entirely OEM. Black_Shiney_Metal and Ffoeg have a slight idea as to what I'm planning - it's not quite as simple as building something that fits somewhere.. and sticking a few screens up

I'm more aiming at getting something running within the next 5 days before PVS so I have something to fiddle with at PVS kinda thing