Thread: MK4 - KDC-6534U + KPA-SD100 for controls/display?

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

MK4 - KDC-6534U + KPA-SD100 for controls/display?

Okies, hopefully this will work and I haven't bought it before looking carefully enough!

I have a Kenwood KDC-6534U head unit which does have the changer control output

I now have a Kenwood KPA-SD100 control adapter 'thing'

It seems the SD100 is for 'older' Kenwood head units but given it fits with the changer control connector I am assuming it will work with my newer head unit and also with my Astra? (MK4 2002 SXi)

Don't want to go ripping the box open nor the car dash if anyone already knows this won't work? Possibly teach me to buy before checking if it isn't the right bit! Ideally I think I need the PC99-X06-DIS but fingers crossed the bit I have will work?

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    And I'm assuming I have to use the IR sender with this kit? Kinda assumed it was all wired, never considered it would use the remote...wondering if I'd be better off with the PC99-X06-DIS wiring kit instead? Everyting stays behind the dash then so no need to hunt for places to run then place the IR sender...

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well, it is all fitted and working, so no worries! Just need to 'hide' the IR sender up near the interior light.

Some good advice elsewhere on here about removing the glovebox to help route the cables behind the Head Unit, it's always been tight in the MK4 and I needed the glovebox out to stash the little control box for the KPA-SD100 anyhow! Hoping I've also sorted the annoying rattle from behind all this too, been there since new and some roads/songs just seem to make something vibrate like mad!