Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Zafira FM Intercooler questions

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    C00PER's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,291
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Zafira FM Intercooler questions

    Is it best to use the medium sized one as with the Astra?? >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-G-GSI-VX...QQcmdZViewItem

    Also what pipe work will I need?? I know there's loads of threads on them for the Astra GSi but can't seem to find any solid info for the Zaf..

    Any help would be great as I don't have a clue how the best way to do it is??

    Thanks...
    Simon

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    ZAF_GSI's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,933
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waveybluewater View Post
    Is it best to use the medium sized one as with the Astra?? >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-G-GSI-VX...QQcmdZViewItem

    Also what pipe work will I need?? I know there's loads of threads on them for the Astra GSi but can't seem to find any solid info for the Zaf..

    Any help would be great as I don't have a clue how the best way to do it is??

    Thanks...
    Simon
    Alright mate i bought the medium but is too big so i have now bought the small one which i am waiting for a slim line fan to turn up so i can fit it as the fan is 7". As for the pipe work get the stuf of ebay.
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    KevT.'s Avatar
    Yorkshire RO
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    9,218
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    The intercooler i am looking to use from egay is shorter in lengh but higher so may equal about the same as the medium one you are looking at but with some measurments me and another member are on a mission to get it to fit as it is going to be tight but we think it will go.

    sorry to butt in on this thread but may i ask where you got the slim line fan from or do you have a link to them?

    cheers kev

    AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft


  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    ZAF_GSI's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,933
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sri_kev View Post
    The intercooler i am looking to use from egay is shorter in lengh but higher so may equal about the same as the medium one you are looking at but with some measurments me and another member are on a mission to get it to fit as it is going to be tight but we think it will go.

    sorry to butt in on this thread but may i ask where you got the slim line fan from or do you have a link to them?

    cheers kev
    Yeah mate, the only reason is getting the fan is coz i cant put the radiator back as the pre cats lamba sensor is too far round near the radiator already. So gotta get small fan off ebay motors from USA.
    HTH
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    KevT.'s Avatar
    Yorkshire RO
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    9,218
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    ah cool, well with the intercool i am looking at its rather deep so all the space i can save is going to help, do you have a link to the shop or site that it if from mate???

    cheers kev

    AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft


  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    ZAF_GSI's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,933
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here you go this one is for 2 7" fans what im getting just in case i use both.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...229835795&rd=1
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    mystery machine's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,731
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    lets hope you wire em up properly so they dont make the ECU throw a wobbly and start putting lights up on the dash!

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    ZAF_GSI's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,933
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mystery machine View Post
    lets hope you wire em up properly so they dont make the ECU throw a wobbly and start putting lights up on the dash!
    Should be alright only two wires. (i think/hope)
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    C00PER's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,291
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So the medium one definitely won't fit then, or will it with some persuasion??

    Surely there's loads who have a universal one - which one did YOU buy and was it an easy fit?


    Also what pipework would I need??? Is just silicone the best or metal piping?

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    ZAF_GSI's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,933
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waveybluewater View Post
    So the medium one definitely won't fit then, or will it with some persuasion??

    Surely there's loads who have a universal one - which one did YOU buy and was it an easy fit?
    Whats it going on? You will probably get it on aslong as you have smaller fan, rad back and lots of pacients.
    PHASE 3 ON A SWITCH WIV A GARRETT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. few questions about fitting universal intercooler zaf gsi
    By ardenblue_zaf in forum Turbo Petrol Engines inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 00:51
  2. Dumpvalve & Intercooler questions
    By LMD in forum Turbo Petrol Engines inc. Transmissions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-07-2008, 11:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •