Thread: HELP!!! Dodgy alarm fitting on astra coupe from hendon car stereo

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy HELP!!! Dodgy alarm fitting on astra coupe from hendon car stereo

I had an alarm fitted to my astra coupe in 2003, a clifford avantgarde 4. It cost me £1000 with fitting from hendon car stereo. It took three days to fit and should have taken no longer then one. Shortly after the alarm being fitted, i took my car into a local vauxhall garage where i was told that there was alot of dody wires behind the dash. I paid no attention to it. I soon realised this was the alarm wiring. I contacted Hendon car stereo and told them of the issues. They fobbed me off, and told me to "Do what i can", and told me they would not help me. I contacted the fitter who informed me that my warranty had been voided due to having used the cliffnet wizard. This is absolute rubbish. I recently took them to court, and was unable to get an engineers report, as no alarm fitter would write me a report, from fear of being cut off by the supplier. I have had to endure so much hassle and financialy have lost a lot of money. Can somebody please assist me, as i am thinking of appealing but am worried about the costs.

i have pictures of the wiring if they would help, but be prepared to be shocked.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Have you spoken to Trading Standards? Mine put me on to an independent evaluator for some warranty bodywork, worked very well.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    trading standards told me to take them to court. i did, and he admitted in court his wiring caused some faults, but the judge still threw it out. They refused to honour the warranty and i am so down. ive never done anything illegal in my life, but this is seriously putting me in a moral dilema.

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Could get your own solicitors involved but costly?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i dnt have a solicitor, i think thats y i lost.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does anyone know what else i can do..i really do need help.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First of all I am sorry to hear that, I hate dodgy traders. But, posting in the wrong forum will greatly limit the amount of help you get! You should have posted this in Astra Discussion & Chat, as this is completely non-detailing related...

My advice is to get a report from a good car electrician. And also have a chat with a "no win no fee" solicitor (many of them are "no win no fee" nowadays). And also CAB can help you too.

On what ground did the judge throw the case?
    Astra Coupe Turbo Project Log KW var2, BK299, Apexi, HID, Angel, Leather Cobra, Phoenix Gold, GT/R2, Fluted, DV26D, Pre/Sports/Catback, CarPC, B&M, VXR Turbo, Tarox-10, Phase 3! Car is for sale!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    on the grounds of "not enough evidence". I had stacks of evidence.

the fitter even admited that te alarm caused problems with the running of the car.

Its really unfair how the legal system works.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like you have taken a lot of good advice, from people certainly more qualified than ourselves...

Seems the only mistake is not having legal representation, which has allowed the case to be thrown out.

I'd cut your losses and move on.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its really difficult to accept that they are at fault, and it is costing me more money. IT REALLY IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

ive even spoke to the directed rep (clifford). He has been nothing but a time waster and a liar. They have been telling other alarm fitters and garages not to get involved. What kind of professional manner is this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast