Thread: Astra ESP??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra ESP??

Hi does anybody know which model Astra G's had ESP as standard ?, As I've got a 1.8 CDX and the local VX dealer seem to think it has ESP , And they come to this conlusion by driving round the carpark stop start ,And not looking for the cars spec on the computer if this is posible ?
    My car has a slight viberation/buzzing when you first pull of in drive (autobox)and wont do it again no matter how far I drive until the engine has been switched off , This how VX come to the conclusion it has ESP as they reckon the car is doing a self test ? Any ideas folks ? sorry for the long post
    Phil

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure the 2.0 SRi had ESP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Gazmondo I heard the 2.0 sri did , Im hopeing someone knows of a website where I can verify if mine has it or not , If it hasn't then I will have to find why Ive got this slight vibration,buzzing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    parkers says it has traction control http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/equipm...px?deriv=14883

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Vibration noise is ABS, Later 2.2's it may well be all of them but when i had mine they didn't tell me that, Turbo's have ESP, i believe the stability programme is an add on to the ABS and having ABS doesn't mean you have ESP, i could be wrong but I'm pretty confident as the ABS comes on when the car is rocked side to side. G's don't have a ESP light so use the ABS one

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leeeeshad View Post
    parkers says it has traction control http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/equipm...px?deriv=14883
    Cheers for that leeeeshad

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil w View Post
    Cheers for that leeeeshad
    no worrys m8, its a really useful site

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma ??? View Post
    Vibration noise is ABS, Later 2.2's it may well be all of them but when i had mine they didn't tell me that, Turbo's have ESP, i believe the stability programme is an add on to the ABS and having ABS doesn't mean you have ESP, i could be wrong but I'm pretty confident as the ABS comes on when the car is rocked side to side. G's don't have a ESP light so use the ABS one
    Hi Enigma , would I actualy feel this ABS vibration noise ? it is felt more from the passenger side, and would ABS do a self test when you first pull off and not do it untill the next time the car was started and driven ? so it may well have ESP as a optional extra , any ideas how I would find out for definate ? Im not botherd if it has or hasn't got ESP its just being able to identify the vibration

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    ESP was available only MY02 onwards. Here in Finland ESP was standard only on late 2.2 and OPC-models.
    My Astra has ESP, but it was optional extra.

Hi Enigma , would I actualy feel this ABS vibration noise ? it is felt more from the passenger side, and would ABS do a self test when you first pull off and not do it untill the next time the car was started and driven ? so it may well have ESP as a optional extra , any ideas how I would find out for definate ? Im not botherd if it has or hasn't got ESP its just being able to identify the vibration
    The sound/vibration is ABS self testing which happens on ~3mph.
    If you have ESP you will have this light on your dashboard:

Opel Astra 1.8 Elegance Saloon '02 233k miles
    Opel Astra 1.8 Sport Caravan '99 225k miles
    Opel Astra 1.6 Ultimate Wagon '10 87k miles Click

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes you will feel the vibration, if it has traction control it is tide in with that not the ABS my bad But traction control doesn't mean it has ESP, The tech2 is the only way to tell you for sure. i have brought on the ESP by moving the steering hard left to right when going straight on a private road but that takes some doing, tech2 is the easiest way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast